1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to Adopt in NC

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by Tinkerbell, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell "Never Molted"

Does anyone live in the Charlotte NC area and have crabs they are trying to find new homes for?

2. Stephen2342

Stephen2342 "Preparing For First Molt"

Ditto. Or possibly around the Triangle?

3. Frogs_n_Flowers

Frogs_n_Flowers "Preparing For First Molt"

Me too in the Gaston, Cleveland, Lincolnton Areas, But so far no such luck! So I just keep buying them. Good Luck! I just got 2 more 20 gallon tanks, and can't wait to fill them...hehehehehehe!!! :)

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Hi, I'm New Here!

Located in metro Boston, MA. Any crabbies need a new home? (>i_i<)

5. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

There is not one decent petsore where I am.............I am near aberdeen/fayetteville

6. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

repost this in another place- the NC thread wont do you any good :)

7. Stephen2342

Look at all these people from NC :eek:

8. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

We should have our own hermie convention!

9. Frogs_n_Flowers

:D LOL!! I didn't realize there were this many in NC on here this is Awesome.

Also Hermez I agree, I was in Mooresville (an hour away) yesterday and it was the same lousy conditions as Gastonia.:( (I posted about that in the petsmart thread) There is also a place called Heaven on Earth, and they are the ones who said to keep them in a bird cage...:mad:

Anywoo I'm glad to see all of you are located in NC, it's nice to have people so close to you, OK well at least in the same state:p...LOL!

10. Tinkerbell

Yay! So glad I posted this... but so sad to see no one with crabs for adoption. I just can't stand getting them at Petsmart. The one by me has them on gravel and they just leave the dead ones in the cage. Just disgusting. I saw that the crabbage patch sells them online and ships them to you but I just don't believe I can afford overnight shipping.

11. Frogs_n_Flowers

Guess what?!?!:confused: I did as suggested and I listed on craigslist that I was looking to adopt hermies and I am going to pick up 10 new babies Wednesday night, I am so excited I almost peed myself!!:D
    I also saw where there was someone giving one away in Fort Mill, but was to late someone had already got him. That was before someone contacted me about the ones I am picking up. Of course my message got flagged and removed but luckily not before someone saw it!!
    So now I am setting up my 2 - 20 gallons and I am going to use one as the new ISO. My other babies just moved up to a 20 gallon also, they love the extra space. Bam Bam went down the same night and I haven't seen him since:( I miss him...

12. Frogs_n_Flowers

I feel the same as you, every time I go in a petsmart it is sad, I have other animals ( Bailey a boxer, Aticus a German Shepard, and several fish) that I have to shop for and I try not to even look at them, however I always find myself right there. As for the shipping I know I can't afford it right now, my son is going back to school, my 2 yr old will be 3 in November, and then of course all the up coming holidays. Maybe when income tax comes in. I would really love to have a variety of the different hermies!!

13. Frogs_n_Flowers

I just wanted to share a pic of my new adopted babies...aren't they adorable....:p I am adopting 4 more Friday night....:D

[​IMG]

14. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

HEY SHARE!! Congrats they look great- they are lucky to have you :)

15. Frogs_n_Flowers

Thanks Hermez, as for sharing sorry I can't I have an addiction problem...LOL! I tell ya what, if I happen to run up on some in your area I'll let you know, same goes for all located in NC.

16. Flamingo Lover

Flamingo Lover Hi, I'm New Here!

I am in Mooresville, NC above Charlotte and I just got 2 hermies off of Craigslist. Poor guys they were owned by a girl (probably around 11 or 12) and she had them in a dreaded wire cage. :eek: It made me so sad to see them in that condition. Other than that they seem to be in good shape and I'm looking forward to having them meet my other 2 guys.

17. Stephen2342

Frogs n Flowers, they're adorable! What size tank were they in before? They all seem to be really tiny! :eek:

18. Frogs_n_Flowers

Thanks Stephen, I'm not sure what size they were in b4, I picked them up and they were in the plastic container you see them in, they are now in a 20 gallon and lovin it!:D Most are small to medium, there are a couple tiny ones. I still haven't gotten my two Jumbos yet I'm supposed to pick them up tomorrow, we'll see, hopefully.
    The other 2 I was supposed to get, they said they changed their mind and wanted to keep them but I think they got rid of them to someone else, one was in a painted shell and they were living in a wire cage. I was going to rescue them I just hope they will be better taken care of.:)

19. Frogs_n_Flowers

Re: Looking to Adopt in NC Craigslist adoption $10

There is a listing on craigslist right now in the Charlotte area for 2 crabs their painted shells and some "food" for $10 or $25 if you take the 10 g tank. Thought I'd let you know. Posting ID is 813006317 This is a copied and pasted message from site!

hermit crabs (28208)

Reply to: comm-813006317@craigslist.org [?]
    Date: 2008-08-25, 9:26PM EDT

I have 2 small hermit crabs with about a dozen extra painted shells & food. I am asking $10 for them with their stuff and if you want the 10 gallon tank with them then I am asking $25 for all of it only so I can get another tank to put fish in.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 813006317

OK hurry b4 their gone, or I go get them LOL!!!:D

20. Tinkerbell

I got responses from two folks when I posted but honestly didn't trust either of them. One said not to converse via email but to call and the other I have a feeling was the one above (who said it was free to me at first). I guess I'm not trusting enough because even though I posted, I'm not following through on any of the responses.

I trust y'all though... LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.