1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for micro minis

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by imamom, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imamom

imamom Hi, I'm New Here!

I have recently heard of a land hermie called the micro mini. I live in Colorado and am interested in purchasing a few of them, depending on the cost. I would like to purchase them in bulk if that is possible. If anyone has any idea of where i can look i would appreciate the information.

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

They are just referring to size not species.........all crab start wee wee small and grow- micro is just the smallest we usually get to see them. Ecuadorians are notoriously bought in this micro state - well no actually "most" are........

why bulk??

3. imamom

imamom Hi, I'm New Here!

By bulk i'm just saying that i have a 150 gallon tank. So i can get like 50 or 60 of them, its cheaper if i can buy them i bulk.

4. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

That is not feasible at all hardly. The babies will grow large and then you must upgrade to a huger tat and all that stuff. Do you really want to spend all that money on too many crabs? A micro mini is just size. The micro mini's in about a year to two years time grow to be intermediate then jumbo.

5. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

Well, not quite that fast, but they will grow each time they molt. :eek:

6. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Try to learn as much as you can about hermit crabs before making such a huge purchase. I agree with the others about them growing and you having to spend a lot of money to upgrade your tanks.

7. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris "Preparing For Second Molt"

Oh yeah, I must chime in - definitely don't start out with 50 or 60 crabs... even if you get them as micros, they will grow... you will have an overcrowding problem very, very shortly. Please do not do this.

8. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

I got about 15 micro to more on the teeny side PPs. I find it hard to keep track of who's who because even once you start to recognize one, you see its empty shell and realize it's in another shell and you have no idea which one. I also find them harder to keep then crabs that are at least small. When faced with a naked thing that is 3/4 of an inch, abdomen included, where do you even put your fingers to move it to a safer space?

My point being that if you aren't an experienced crabber, I would suggest maybe getting 4 or 5 micros and when you know you can handle them that's when you know you're okay to get some more.

9. imamom

imamom Hi, I'm New Here!

I have 28 hermies now, and i love them all. I was just trying to find out where i would be able to purches micros. They do not carry them in pet co or pets mart. I have been crabbing for 3 years. I have bought in bulk be4, so it is not like i am new at this and trying to jump in over my head. thank you for all of your input.

10. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

I have bought micros in bulk from The Crabbage Patch. They all were, and still are, in excellent condition.

And I apologize. From your 1st posting I didn't know you were an experienced crabber. You don't have a state in your profile, but TCP is in central Florida and the owner, Tammy, does do overnight delivery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.