1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Look PICS of my babys!!

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by Lilmarcher22, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilmarcher22

Lilmarcher22 "Never Molted"

YEAH!! Looky, looky!! I know have pics!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

that looks good :D- the shells you have are very big (offer the right size so it gets out of teh toxic painted shells)yet you have small water dishes- are the crabs as big as those shells?- you will need to get bigger dishes- I have never seen a crab in those heavy florida shells.........I had a bunch and never any takers- they are so nice looking I wish they would try them. You can add more vines and netting they love to hide n climb- good start!

3. Lilmarcher22

Trust me those shells are not to big they change into them for a day they seem to fit just fine then switch back into the painted shells which I do not like them in. My babys are idiots!! When I use the bigger dishes I have no room for climbing items. I have to keep Casper's hide-a-way thats where he sleeps. I had two of the half logs and Tonka Dan didn't want anything to do with them he likes sleeping next to the heating pad. Yes, I know I need more climbing stuff but I can't find anything that would fit or look nice.

4. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

With mine, I always took out the painted shells right after they switched. (then destroyed them) As far as the climbing stuff, have you looked on vckums website? Mine loved the choya wood I had in their tank and the nets.

5. Lilmarcher22

I have tryed but it is always to late when I try to take the painted shells out.

6. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris "Preparing For Second Molt"

Lilmarcher - What you could do is maybe get a bag of assorted shells from Michael's/Hobby Lobby/Walmart/craft store, and pick out a whole bunch that you think might fit. Put as many as you think may fit in to the tank... but boil them first. Your tank may be overly crowded with shells for a little bit, but once they finally change in to natural shells that they really like and stay in, you can take some of the extras out, and take the painted shells out, too. Sometimes it's necessary to do that with the pickier crabs. ;)

7. victoria

victoria "Preparing For First Molt"

I say if you want your crabs to change shells get some green jade turbos crabs like green jade turbos.:D

my crabs are:victoria,spud

8. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

You're ghost crab shell is chipping like my Brats shell is, he's spiderman. If you can, get them to try new shells then ditch those ones. I know everyone else has told you that. Brat refuses to change shells, I'm still waiting, he's a stubborn little bugger.
    However, my Daisy nearly gave me a stroke with her painted shell. Her shell was pink with glitter glue in the shape of a butterfly on the back. I wasn't aware of the dangers when I gave it to her to live in. Well, one day I caught her reaching around behind herself with her back leg (she's huge) and picking the glitter glue off then EATING it!
    Lucky I persuaded her out of that shell with a pretty purple & white natural shell, and took the painted one out. And she is fine after feasting on GLUE, I consider that sheer luck.
    Just something to think about, sorry so long.

9. Lilmarcher22

Oh no its not chipping away Casper had just been in the pool then he rolled into the sand so you are seeing it all wrong

10. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

I agree that the water bowls are too small. They need to be able to fully submerge themselves and get the water into their shell... Unfortunately, it will take up space, but is necessary. I have 4 water bowls. Two big ones for my PP's and 2 little ones for my E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.