1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lobster Tail?

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by hulyan, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hulyan

hulyan Hi, I'm New Here!

I've read some owners have fed their crabs shrimp tails. I was wondering if a little meat from lobster tails would be fine?

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

they are fine as long as no seasoning was used on them.

3. hulyan

hulyan Hi, I'm New Here!

okay cool thank you.

4. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Another thing - if you buy shrimp that you have to peel (i.e. they have the legs and back shell still on them), save the shells and steam them in the microwave (put them in a mug or something and cover them with water, microwave until the water starts disappearing - it was surprising how much water they absorbed!) then lay on a paper towel to dry before freezing them so they don't stick together in a huge ball. Mine got dragged all over the tank last night!

5. Jedi_sena

Jedi_sena (Micro Crab)

sometimes lobster tail is served with garlic butter, and garlic is not safe for crabs. Otherwise, the lobster tail or just the exoskeleton would be a wonderful addition to your crab's diet. I remove any blackened or marred parts since shell rot bacteria might be present (although I would think the steaming would kill the bacteria). It might be unimportant, but I habitually do it just to stay on the safe side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.