1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live Hermit Crabs.com

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by HermieLover93, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HermieLover93

HermieLover93 Hi, I'm New Here!

Hello i just wanted to know if anyone has recently ordered from these people, i know there was previous complaints but from what i can tell they have addressed them all Ex. they described the way they ship them they also have a no shipping time of year from like November to march or something, they are also a Paypal approved site. Does anyone know if they are now safe?

2. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

I would stick with the crabbage patch for hermies, as we all know they are the best with the care and shipping of the crabs. Overnight shipping too but it is expensive for that so be prepared to pay a ton in shipping on top of the cost of the crab(s).

3. HermieLover93

The shipping and crab are 14 dollars each. For an E.

4. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

I never checked into the price I just know that over night shipping could cost a small fortune, but I guess it is great to know that you will have a crab that was well cared for so that may make the shipping worth it.

5. HermieLover93

Yoyr prolly right, its just that they dont have any E's right now.

6. HermieLover93

Update
    I sent them a message and about a week later i got a response, they have a good diet the right stuff, they ship them in damp moss and a sponge to keep the humidity right, they have the hermie in stock and for two hermies(E's) (including shipping) it 30 bucks, which i think is pretty good.

7. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

It seems that they (livehermitcrabs dot com) have changed their web site since my last visit. They have changed their recommendations for substrate - they use to push calci sand. They also now sell glass tanks. Their price for E's are decent. Previously their prices were ridiculous - like the price of Straws - which they don't have.

I am a bit sad that they still sell 'party favors' with small kritter keepers.

8. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

If it's a choice between livehermit.com and The Crabbage Patch, please use TCP. I always get my crabs from there, they've all been very healthy and none of them have needed to distress. As far as I know, no one has has any experience with livehermit other than to say they have very poor customer service.

Has anyone our there bought from livehermit.com. If so, what is your opinion about them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.