1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lincoln Logs???

Discussion in 'What's Cooking? - Not Poison!' started by happy_crabbies, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happy_crabbies

happy_crabbies (Micro Crab)

Do any of you know if it is OK to use lincoln logs in the crabitat??? My son is throwing away some that he never has played with...and I thought maybe I could try to be a little crafty and make something to put in the tank?? Just curious?? [​IMG]

2. froggz37

froggz37 "First Molt, A Success"

I like the way you think, but I'm not exactly sure about those. I know they are either covered with paint, or some kind of stain, and that could be potentially harmful. I could see it possibly if you put ALOT of work into it and sanded down to the bare wood, but even then I'm not sure what kind of wood is used, and that in itself could be bad.

3. happy_crabbies

happy_crabbies (Micro Crab)

thanks for your reply...I have changed to using some corks for a "project". I think the lincoln logs would look really good---but you are right...
    They are probably not 100% safe-so they are not going to be used for my crabbies. [​IMG]

4. hermit_crabs_rule

hermit_crabs_rule "Never Molted"

I don't think that they can climb them that much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.