1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's see how they like it

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by Becca, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

Another store at the Salina mall is selling crabs- Earthbound. OMG!!!!

Aside from the usually horrid conditions, they let customers handle crabs. Little kids were digging around in the sand using shells that had crabs in them!!!! And shaking them and saying "they never come out". And their parents were sitting there watching. One parent had the nerve to say "Put the crab down you might hurt yourself." Hurt yourself. The supreme and utter IDIOTS.

My thoughts. Shove the kids in a barrel to simulate a shell environment. Fill the barrel with sand to simulate digging. Roll the barrel around to simulate shaking. EVIL LITTLE...GRRRRRRRRR.

And my mom wouldn't let me spend MY money to save one of the jumbos. She doesn't really give a crap and neither do the owners. People who treat animals that way should just...yarg.

2. Jason

Jason Moderator

I can not believe that they would allow people to play with them. That is just sick.

3. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

yarg...exactly the word I was thinking of.
    I hate it when parents just sit there and let their little spoiled brats do whatever they want.Obviously their parents didn't teach them how to treat animals either!Some parents just totally let their kids walk all over them.I see it all the time at the pet store.
    Mom can I have a lizard?
    No.
    Can I have a turtle?
    No.
    Can I have a betta?
    Ugh,ok fine....It'll only live for a few weeks anyway.
    What was that?
    Of course you can my little sugarlumpkin!

[​IMG]
    I'd love for some of these ignorant people to just get a taste of their own medicine.Let's just stuff them all in a cell with bright,hot lights beaming down on them until all their limbs just pop right off,one by one as they endure a slow and painful death of dehydration and suffocation.Oh,yeah and on top of that,let some giants toss them around like a dog with a tennis ball.

4. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

I hate pet shops [​IMG]
    I can't get over kids shaking them [​IMG]

5. pineapplemama

pineapplemama (Small Crab)

Yeesh, even my head-strong and totally spoiled kids don't behave like that! My 3 yr old refers to our crabbies as the "babies" and treats them as such. She loves to watch them but she's constantly "shushing" anyone that makes noise...like we're going to wake up a sleeping newborn or something...it's funny, but at least they're learning to treat animals kindly?! [​IMG]

6. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

That sounds pretty much like the Earthbound in Houston. It's very far from me, so I've only been there a couple of times. But both times they had some of the hugest jumbos I've ever seen plus probably 100 little crabs in painted shells, in an open-air bin on dry sand ... a pyramid of kritter keepers at the ready ... [​IMG]

7. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

my 3 year old sister knows how to handle a crabbie with care and she is 3 [​IMG]

8. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

Sounds like there's some hermit crab activists in the making here.lol

9. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

It's just sad how many people don't get it.

10. cluelesscrabber

cluelesscrabber (Micro Crab)

omg! That's horrible! Once i was at a kiosk (the one i go to a lot) and these girls walk by and they start going like "ohhh this one looks like a basketball." and it annoyed me for some reason. Also once i was at a limited too store and this woman had gone to the same kiosk and bought a crab in an ugly zebra-painted shell! and she took it out of the little cardboard box and shook it a little and says : is it alive? *shakes the shell* why wont you come out!

that annoyed me too...>[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.