1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets all bombard....

Discussion in 'Discussions, Theories and Trial Ideas' started by chermo, Sep 17, 2008.

1. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

the bigger petstore headquarters with letters on proper hermit crab care. We can send them all the same letter or different letters. I would like help of everyone to give me some ideas on how to word the letter and what to put in it as proper crab care. I know the basics but I keep finding everyone on all the forums I am a member of complain about the store conditions but never do anything about it. We can't really complain about it to employees of each store we need to complain to the headquarters, that is where stuff will (hopefully) get done. Who is with me?????

2. 5kittens

5kittens "Second Molt, A Success"

I'm wondering if any one would even pay any attention to us with Wall Street collapsing.  I think that proper care of hermit crabs would be the lowest on petstore managers priorities and worrys at this time.  Well, I guess I'd better :zipit: and say no more about the economic worrys to y'all.    I don't want to make anyone nervous.  :kellie:  :shmama: :banana: :cheer: 

3. chermo

I figure it is worth a try and if they get enough letters they may change their care sheets and the way they care for them as well.  Even if they change a few things it would be worth it.

4. chermo

Petco Headquarters
    Attn Brian Devine CEO
    9125 Rehco Rd.
    San Diego, CA 92121

Petsmart Headquarters
    Attn: Phil Francis CEO
    19601 North 27th Avenue
    Phoenix, AZ 85027

If there is another store you would like to send to let me know and I will find the address and the CEO of the company that we can also send letters to.

5. chermo

Ok here is my care list for the store letters, everyone draft up your own letters and let us know what they say before you send them off. You can include this list of care instructions with you letter.

Proper Hermit Crab Care
    - Day and night light cycle
    - Temp should be between 70 to 84 degrees
    - Humidity should be between 73% and 85% realtive as they have modified gills and need to have humidity to breathe
    - No commercial foods - fresh foods like fruits and vegetables
    - Aquarium Marine Salt water - declorinated, the dish should be big enough for the crabs to fully submerge themselves
    - Fresh declorinated water, the dish should be big enough for the crabs to fully submerge themselves
    - 3 extra shells per crab
    - NO METAL, it could kill the crabs
    - Plenty of hiding spaces
    - Play Sand or Eco Earth as a substrate in your stores 2" should be enough for the depth but they do require it to be 2" deeper than the biggest crab
    - Stuff to climb
    - Hydrometer and temperature gauge

All this stuff is sold in your stores so please use it, you will see less crabs back due to death of post purchase syndrome.

My letter will follow, I wanted to get you this care list incase you have anything to add. Remember this is just for their stores for use for care. If you think we should add another list for their new care sheet then let me know and I will get that information so they have new updated care sheets to give to customers.

6. chermo

Ok so here is my letter, let me know what you think....

Dear so and so,
    I have been to many of your stores and have noticed that the conditions of the hermit crab tanks are in horrible conditions. I wanted to include a care sheet for your stores to follow so there are less hermit crab deaths in your stores and after customers purchase them. I am sure if these changes are done you will see less deaths both in your stores and returns due to death, which means more profit for your company. The care sheets your stores provide customers are also improper. I know you are very busy but with the proper care of the hermit crabs and proper care sheets customers will have less returns of dead crabs and your stores will sell more items as everyone wants their pets to live long healthy lives. Please read the enclosed care sheet, this sheet I encluded is for store use only as customers should provide a deeper substrate.
    Thank you,
    Cheri and last name
    then my address for a way to send a return letter if they want

Now that I look at it I need a care sheet from a store for petco and petsmart so I can put exactly what is wrong with their care sheets. I guess I will be going to the petstores tonight and getting care sheets from each store.

7. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

Some stores give away the FMR care sheet - which is all wrong.

8. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Is it too late to get in on this?

9. vckums

vckums Moderator

Nopers, jump right in.

10. chermo

Yes please jump right in, I am going to get my stamp (I never have stamps on hand since I pay all my bills online) in the next few days to be able to send my letter out.  I encourage everyone to get your letters together and sent out by 9/27/2008.  Thanks to everyone who is participating, I know all future crabs will love us for it.