1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Larger shell questions..

Discussion in 'Shells' started by Crabcrazy2, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabcrazy2

Crabcrazy2 (Small Crab)

Helloooooo! I haven't been here in a loooong while, but I'm still crabbin'. I just noticed that my bigger crabs are getting close to/or are needing some bigger shells. I went to Naples online and Sea Shell City. Naples only has 3 different kinds available right now with openings of 1 1/4 to 1 1/2" (per email response from Amy. Sea Shell City is expensive. I'm looking for lighter weight shells in this size. Turbos are OK unless they are heavy ones. A lot of mine seem to really enjoy the tapestry turbos but I can't find anything large enough in that kind. Does anyone else know where to look? I see that Mac's shell shop is inactive now too. I was browsing a bit and saw that Aimee was maybe getting some for Vicki's shop but didn't see any there either. I've been out of the loop for too long. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    :thanks:

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

El's shells is great she is a very nice person too
    www.elsshells.com give her site a looksie

3. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

I haven't gotten down to the swap meet since that one time, sorry! My MIL is coming on Monday, so I'm sure she'll want to go and I can pick some up then. If you need them fast, I can mail them right to you. They were WICKED cheap, but shipping from here isn't cheap, that's the stinky part. I'll see if they're heavy when I go back, I remember them having white and green BIG ones, but I'm not sure on the tapestry, I'll check it out in a week or so (I think the swap meet is only open Wednesdays and weekends).

4. Crabcrazy2

Crabcrazy2 (Small Crab)

Thanks, HERMEZ. :flower: I checked El's and they only have one kind available that's BIG...and it' a bit too big at 1 3/4. Darn it.

Aimee! :amie2: That would be awesome if you could look around for me. You have me worried about the shipping part though. Don't want to have to sell my daughter. :chuckle: (Oh yeah, I'd have to PAY for that too!) If you could give me some rough idea what it might cost to ship, it would help. I'd really like to get 4-6 shells in the 1 1/4 to 1 1/2" opening if I could...lighter in weight. They have some in there now that are heavier 1 Jade green turbo (really kind of thick)...and some rough on the outside white ones....nobody wants them. For now, I'll keep searching.... :duck:

5. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

LOL Shipping isn't THAT bad, they have the flat rate boxes here too for $8 and change. I thought you only wanted one or two, in which case, shipping is like $4.50 for priority mail under 2 lbs. I know cause I've mailed stuff to my Mom, hubby's Mom, and Aunt and it's always the same price, so I commented on it and the post office guy told me the reason...lol. You'd want priority too, normal mail takes the slow boat to the mainland and takes up to 6 weeks...lol. I'll see if they have any tapestry turbos, I'm sure gonna look funny with a ruler measuring the openings :chuckle: The swap meet is cool, but most of the stuff there has "made in China" stickers on it, when it's things that look like they were made here. Guess that's why stuff is so cheap there.

6. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

oh can you look for me to amie, i need some bigger turbos for my big guys and gal. :hug2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.