1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Large and small crabs together

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by kikee, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kikee

kikee (Micro Crab)

I was wondering how many of you keep large and small crabs in the same tank.

Im looking for a bigger tank and would like to get larger crabs like Caramel (not jumbo) But Im not sure if to have the bigger tank just for these crabs or move my small ones in too.

2. ItsMeg

ItsMeg "First Molt, A Success"

I have a mixture of large and small.

They don't seem to mind eachother.

However, Petry (the smallest) does seem a little weary of Sebastian (my big guy). But I think it could be because Sebastian is a little more territorial and Petry is somewhat "newer" to the tank.

Remember, in the wild, they live in packs of many. Including the mixture of largies and smallies.

3. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Yeah, and also remember that having same sizes together makes shell fights more likely.

4. strawberryskittle

strawberryskittle (Small Crab)

Mine don't seem to bicker...the large one has taken ownership of the coco hut though and the small one doesn't feel comfortable cuddling up in there with him, so the little one digs under during the day instead... the big one does seem a bit bossy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.