1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kuplakrabs 75 Gallon Tank Pics

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by kuplakrabs, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Tricia,
    This is the most recent pic of my 75g. It has been changed around slightly from this picture, but not drastically.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also need to take one of my 30g which is now housing my 12 new Cavipes! I'll update this thread once I take a pic and upload it to my computer.

I originally had all natural wood then changed to replica wood then back to natural wood again because my crabs like to eat the branches and things. Plus I decided to go with the semi-live type of tank. I haven't planted any live plants or moss yet, I'm still researching and debating how I want to accomplish what I am thinking about trying [​IMG]

2. happy_crabbies

happy_crabbies (Micro Crab)

WOW What a great crabitat. You must have a very happy bunch of residents [​IMG]

3. kuplakrabs

Thanks [​IMG] I hope they are happy crabs LOL. I do my best [​IMG] I try to give them plenty of walking, hiding and climbing space, which can be a feat in and of itself when arranging the tank.

In the pictures above, you get the impression that everything is pushed against the back of the tank, when it is actually pretty much in the center. There is another unobstructed pathway behind all of the wood and greenery that you see. There is also a "ledge" or second level type of thing as well. It is so hard to get dimensional pics to work on the screen LOL

4. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

Wow!!! How great!!! I know they must love you!!!

5. HermieFan

HermieFan "Never Molted"

H E L L O! Wendy, that is a beautiful tank!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

6. CJ

CJ "First Molt In Progress"

Wendy,

What a beautiful tank! [​IMG]

cj

7. Jennifer Leatherwood

Jennifer Leatherwood (Micro Crab)

Your tank is awesome is their food and water elevated? It looks cork, did you make that bridge/ food holder it looks great!

8. kuplakrabs

Jennifer,
    Yes, I did make the cork water platform. It is held together with aquarium sealant. I have found this helps in preventing most of the substrate from being dragged into the water dishes. Most of the substrate comes off when they walk up the stairs the the platform. The dishes are recessed into the platform so they can just walk up to the dish and easily scoop out the water they need. Underneath the platform also acts as a hiding spot for the smaller crabs.

I place their food on the sand substrate at the opposite end of the tank (near where you see the fake plant on the far left of the tank).
    This is just a silly theroy, but I feel it makes them get some exercise by having to travel LOL-not that they wouldn't anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.