1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I'm crushed because Kiwi died yesterday. I even know why now and that's almost worse. My old humidity gauge stopped working a while ago and I was unaware of the change because it always said 80%. Now that I have a new gauge it was 5% off and without changing it I put it in the tank and it read 96%. I must have been boiling in there. I don't even have a sponge in there anymore and it is still so humid. The lid was off a while and it went to 80% then 60% and then I left it on for the night and it read 96% again in the morning. Well Kiwi has his little grave and he was a little painted box with flowers and stuff the type you may put on a dining room table. Today I went out and picked him some flowers and I have been seeing Snap every day except one since he died and now I'll try to fix everything I can with the humidity but now everyone is molting so there's no one to feed or take care of. Yesterday I looked under my tank and Crisp's molt is doing great. You can see him there and he is eating his exo. Now I feel like the worst crab keeper ever. Two of them have died in the past month and I did not even notice that my humidity gauge was not working. I can't even think about Snap and Kiwi without beginning to cry a little. It's always the same. I always get what I wish for. When I had only Coco and Crisp I wished that I could have 5 crabs and then when I got 6 crabs Snap died and I got my wish. Then I wished all my crabs were down molting so that I would not have to feed any at this time and now I have it Kiwi has died and everyone else is molting. All those stupid wishes and now they are all true. Now I really feel like the worst crab keeper.

2. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I'm so sorry about Kiwi. But please don't blame yourself! Your the one who rescued Kiwi and turned his life. Your the one who took amazingly good care of him. If it wasn't for you, Kiwi wouldn't have lived as long and would have died feeling miserable. You gave Kiwi happiness and love! It's not your fault the gauge wasn't working. It was an honest mistake the most experienced crabber could have made. And Snap and Kiwi know in Hermie Heaven that you didn't mean those wishes in that way. You are an amazing hermit crab parent and you care about your hermit crabs so much! Snap and Kiwi are playing together in heaven right now with my Honey, Haley's Keele and Keela, Dezzi's Sherbert, and many other hermit crabs. They're very happy and they want you to be happy too.

3. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Thanks guys. I can't just let go of my crabs like some people can. It seemed like I knew Snap even more than Kiwi even though I only knew her for 3 days. I feel really bad having two posts in a row on "Hermit Crab Obituaries" I feel like I'll visit these guys every day for the rest of my life now. And it's even worse now because everyone is molting. Everyone in the crabitat. And now I feel like I should not have buried Snap at all because he only smelled slightly but Kiwi smelled the whole tank. I should never have just glanced at the broken gauges assuming he was fine after he lost his leg. He had not molted ever and I've had him for a couple of months now. And now however much I improve my conditions however much I love him He'll never come back. I have no clue really what I could have done because I posted a "Kiwi Lost Little Leg" post and no one answers andI'm sure there are plenty of things I could have done but it was all probably because of the overstress of moving and then humidity and now I have this comepletely wobbily humidity system and I take the cover of and it goes to 60% and then when it's back on it goes up to 96% again. And then I have to spend forever on my stupid science fair project that I'll never get done by the 31st...and then my foreverly mounds of homework. I'm just glad I caught my dad before he threw Kiwi into a bush! And that's the only good thing that's happened all year but it would not have happened if Kiwi had not died and the humid...

4. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Even though they'll never come back to Earth, it's not like you'll never see eachother again! In 90 or 100 years you'll meet again in heaven and you'll be able to play with Kiwi and Snap for infinity! Compared to infinity, 90 or 100 years is nothing! They aren't gone, they're just in another place far far away where they are friends with my little Honey and Sandytan, Sunshine, and Princess (hermies that I had when I was little).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.