1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jumbo shells?

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by cococrisp, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I'm wondering where I can find some SUPER jumbo shells. My largest crab has a shell opening of about 6 centimeters and he is way to small for it. He only has one other shells choice because I can't find any others. The top half of his pincher alone is 2 centimeters. If you have any suggestions lease reply.

2. cococrisp

I'm going to look on ebay now.

3. cococrisp

Sorry in inches the opening would be 2 and 1half inches and the upper claw would be a little less than an inch.

4. crabbyjo

crabbyjo Suspended Crab

I was going to suggest Ebay :) That size of shell, I've noticed, ends up costing a couple of dollars each, sometimes more depending on how pretty it is.
    If you plug in "hermit crab shell" in the search engine on Ebay, you can usually find some good shells. Good luck!

5. cococrisp

Yeah. I looked. Not this size though. I ended up on Naples sea shell company buying some shell for tourists in Florida. I tried the cabbage patch as well but no one has this size shell for hermit crabs. I don't want anything fancy just a striped fox or something. Almost all my crabs are in those. I'll type in striped fox shell on ebay.

6. crabbyjo

crabbyjo Suspended Crab

Hm I found a lot of shells with an approx. 1" opening on Ebay - if you really can't find any I'll look for you and give you some links? Later tonight, I'll be gone all day.

7. cococrisp

The opening needs to be like 2 and a half inches he is really big. And he will be even bigger because he is now molting.

8. cococrisp

I'm working on the petsmart near me. I just went there yesterday to pick up a stupid defect light bulb for my tortoise and there were dead crabs everywhere! :mad: I printed out their check the online, which is really bad but better than their conditions and am planning to go to the store saying: "This is what you wrote. Why don't you follow through with it. This is the least you can give your crabs." Look at their conditions. There are dead crabs and peices of dead crabs everywhere. If they let me I'll bring them another 10 gallon and help them redo their old ten gallon and then they will have two. I won't have any ISO tanks... But oh well that can wait because I'm not getting any newbies anytime soon. Mabe next month but oh well.:mad:

9. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I just looked at their check online and it is horrible! It's hard to imagine that their conditions can be worse.:(:mad: What you are doing is great!:) We should all go to our local pet stores to make sure the care is right. The pet store, Pet Goods, which is by me is awesome! They actually care about their hermies and give then the proper care. There are about 7 hermies in a 20gallon cage with eco earth, plenty of extra shells, fresh and salt water bowls, lots of climbing and hiding toys. All of the pets there seem really happy!

10. crabbyjo

crabbyjo Suspended Crab

Coco, I'm confused. Are you measuring the length of his claw? Usually that's what you measure to get the size for the opening. It sounds like you're measuring it's height? \

And Coco, that is HUGE!

I'm looking around, I'll let you know if I find anything.

BTW, what kind of crab are we talking about? Equadorian or PP?

11. crabbyjo

crabbyjo Suspended Crab

Rapana Shell [10055] - $2.50 : Beautyshells, Hermit Crab Shells and Seashells Craft Gift Store

Pearled Imperial Turbo and Giant Green Turbo shells, near the bottom of the page:
    Sea Shell City - Hermit Crab Shells

Perhaps you could write and ask them for a specific opening size since they don't post it:
    Natural Crab Shells - Extra Large: Striped Fox Hermit Crab Shells

If your crab likes fox shells, maybe he'd like these:
    3 TOASTED BURSA SHELLS for HERMIT CRABS - eBay (item 250248359944 end time May-10-09 01:09:22 PDT)

Or is he a PP who would like a turbo:
    2 XL POLISHED BANDED TAPESTRY TURBO HERMIT CRAB SHELLS - eBay (item 250357001859 end time May-13-09 15:37:16 PDT)

maybe some of these:
    eBay Store: Search results for Beech Specialties.

And this list of large hermit crab shells on ebay:
    large hermit crab shell, Collectibles, Home Garden items on eBay.com

Hope you can find something in all that!

12. cococrisp

Wow thanks. I'll check out those links. I'm talking about the upper part of his claw. The one that goes pinch down. I don't know why I measured it i just did for the heck of it. I'm sure I'll find him something great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.