1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JP's 20g L Crabitat -- pic heavy!

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by jesspark, Sep 4, 2008.

1. jesspark

jesspark (Micro Crab)

I finally managed to take some newer photos of my crabitat; I put in fake foliage, a shiva lingam stone, and a few river rocks a while back, and I wanted to post pics of what it looks like now.  :)  There are a couple of older photos mixed in (like the close-ups of the shark jaws and "Mara head" aquarium decorations) as well as pictures of the crabbies enjoying their 'tat.

[align=center][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A good view of the second level, full of moss and shells.

[​IMG]
    The aforementioned shark jaws.

[​IMG]
    The "Mara head," a favorite hidey-hole.

[​IMG]
    Sweetpea exploring by the "Mara head."

[​IMG]
    Puck making his way up the net.

[​IMG]
    The Perilous Beast contemplating life on the second level of the 'tat.

[​IMG]
    If you look on the left-hand side, you can see Sweetpea hanging upside-down on the underside of the netting.

[​IMG]
    An old picture of Max checking out the shark jaws.

[​IMG]
    Fennel peeking out from behind the shiva lingam stone.

[​IMG]
    Nirnroot chowing down.

[​IMG]
    Nirnroot scooting up to the second level.

[​IMG]
    Skooma climbing upside-down on the inside of the aquarium lid.

[​IMG]
    Skooma sitting on top of the "Atlantis house."

[​IMG]
    Long-shot of Flax in the leaves.

[​IMG]
    Close-up of the above photo. (HERMEZ, the Flax pics are totally for you! He doesn't look as shiny when he's not freshly bathed, though...)

[​IMG]
    I C U![/align]

I wish the 'tat was a little neater... :oops: ...but I haven't had a chance to do a deep clean lately. All four of my PPs are buried at the moment; while Puck, Max, and Sweetpea have all come up for late-night visits within the past couple of days, I suspect the Perilous Beast is molting. He's my largest crab, so I'm guessing it's going to be a while before he comes back up and I can scrub down the crabitat. In the meantime, I'm off to change out their water bowls... messy little boogers!

So! That's my 'tat.  :D  I can only hope our crabs have as much fun living there as I do setting it up!

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Very nice - they dont care if its tidy  :chuckle: I like the foliage and I am sure the evil E's do too~

3. jesspark

jesspark (Micro Crab)

I think they prefer it to be untidy! "Fresh water? What? Oh, let me tramp through it. Lovingly-prepared food? Here, it'll look much nicer if I drag some EE into it." Sigh...  ;)

And thanks!  :)

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

JP the tank is awesome! You did a great job and I'm betting the crabs like it a lot. Even the nice sweet loving E's.  :chuckle:

5. jesspark

jesspark (Micro Crab)

Thank you, Vicki!  :D

6. Mrs.Crabs

Mrs.Crabs (Small Crab)

Nice tank....I wish I was a crab and lived there!!! :banana: We're getting a 30 gallon tomorrow...then I'll get everyting else we need to be sure they're happy. Right now they're in a 10 gallon....with not much to climb, no extra heat...and no cover to keep in the humidity. Everything will change by the weekend...I'll post some pics when we're done.
    Question: does the normal sea salt we can get for cooking work the same as the pet store stuff? and...do you know of any REAL plants we can use...or is it just better to go with plastic?

7. LilHermieOnes

LilHermieOnes "Third Molt, A Success"

I love it! It looks great!  :straw: