1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joshua Morales; aka hermits-direct, paradise pets, et al

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by reader101, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reader101

reader101 Banned

Just wondered if anyone had any dealings with the above person?
    I've read postings on other sites for several years, and until getting royally burned myself, tried to ignore forewarnings, as the first couple orders were great. But then...
    :mad:

2. Jason

Jason Moderator

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

If it's the same Josh from hermit crabs direct, I wouldnt order anything from him. He's ripped off people big time. Not a very good business man. On a site I used to go to, he wasn't allowed to post because of it.

4. reader101

reader101 Banned

Yup, one and the same. In fact, I believe he is a member on hcru.
    Should have known better than to deal with a 19 yr. old kid who was more interested in spending my money on vacations and hormones than filling orders. What, and when I did receive orders in the beginning (after much chasing), most of the items were quite nice, and defective items were (eventually) replaced. The last order for $38 (including $8 shipping) was followed two weeks later by an invoice for $22. from FedEx for shipping. Have I paid it? No. Will I pay it? HELL NO! I've made it clear to FedEx they are billing the wrong party, as I had no part of his contracting their services. All correspondence to him re. this matter has been ignored.
    As I do not believe in shipping live hermies, I constantly challenged his ads for the same, was told that he was no longer in that business, nor selling painted shells.
    If he devotes as much time to shipping live hermies as he does to filling dry-goods orders, there's going to be a lot more dead or suffering hermies.
    Just My Opinion
    P.S. I've got a loooot of email to back it up.
    :mad:

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

I contacted him after he changed his ebay store name about selling hermits. He, as well, told me he was not selling them anymore. I didn't believe him in the least and it's sad to know he's still selling them.

I wonder if he's not allowed onto hermit crab sites if that would change his mind about selling.

6. reader101

reader101 Banned

I haven't been on any other sites much lately, but I don't recall seeing any of his postings under his real name, or promoting his business in quite a while. Unfortunately, just about anybody with the know-how can make their way onto a site under any # of aliases, which makes it difficult for the webmaster to control who's who. As far as not selling if banned from sites; I don't think that concerns him in the least. He'll just keep popping up with a new name and burning everyone he can, as long as he can. I think the best we can do is simply keep the name in :mad: lights :mad: , and let negative publicity take its' course.

7. vckums

vckums Moderator

His name on hca.com is josh from what I remember. If you go to any sites, check out the classifieds section and for sale sections as he will post there.

8. vckums

vckums Moderator

9. reader101

reader101 Banned

Done.
    Glad someone set it up!
    :D

10. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

Oh WOW! That's why I don't buy off ebay or nothing. I go direct to the petstore! Good luck!

11. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

Hi! bring the man to justice!

12. crabbyclaws

crabbyclaws "Preparing For First Molt"

that guys gonna GO DOWN:D , (lol that sounds funny)

13. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

Get him off of selling anthing regarding hermit crabs and care if he cant go about properly he should be doing it at all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.