1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jellybean

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Hermies4Ever, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Hiya!!!

I am thinking about getting a strawberry hermie for my 30-gallon tank. . . I already have a name for her, it's Jellybean. . . I am just not sure what her requirements are. . .

Please help. . .;););)

2. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

I dont know much about them except they are REALLY sensitive to temp/humidity like the gauges have to be at 80% for both ALL the time or they will get sick other than that, I think you care for them just the same.

3. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Even though a 30gallon is really big (good job), Strawberry hermit crabs are EXTREMELY active and hyper, super tank trashers. Also, your strawberry might feel more comfortable with a strawberry friend. That means an even larger tank! Like cloie said, they also need constant humidity and temp of 80 and are the least hardy species of hermit crabs. They have a lot of trouble adapting to captivity. Even though you are a great, knowledgable hermit crab owner, strawberries require a lot of experience. I would wait. :)

4. Crabby_Crazy

Crabby_Crazy "First Molt, A Success"

The magical world of ponies! (ok, not really. my h
    yes, agree with laughs, i am waiting about another year or so before i get 'exotics', and iv had my hermies for about a year.

5. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Okay, I guess I will wait until I am more experienced and knowledgeable about hermit crabs. . . But if I ever do get a strawberry hermit crab, I'm going to name her Jellybean!!!

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions. . . They were greatly appreciated by me. . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.