1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ive gotta share this sweet potato story!

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by Aviate, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aviate

Aviate "Never Molted"

I have never seen anything like this!
    My jumbo PP Penguin went to the food dish, where I had put in a single chunk of sweet potato. He took the nickel sized piece that I put in for the tank to share, and picked it up in his small claw. With it in claw, he then purposefully walked across the tank over to his flower pot where he sleeps every single day, and with the claw tucked in toward his body, and went inside! He actually took the whole piece out of the food dish and made off with it! OMG!
    I have heard they hide food but this is something else! WOW!

2. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

Ha, You should change his name to SQUIRL. He is getting ready for winter time. Thanks for sharing that. I will have to offer my Hermies some sweet potatoes now.

Cappa

[​IMG]

3. Aviate

Aviate "Never Molted"

Penguin didnt leave his pot all night! So, I checked the pot this morning (turned it over and dumped him out, heehee!) and it was EMPTY of all potato! He ate the whole thing! But there was plenty of hermie poop! Lol! (sorry to be gross! guess he enjoyed his thanksgiving!)

4. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

LoL That is too funny! Hermies can be amazing creatures!

5. mari61960

mari61960 "Never Molted"

I have a large pp I call Piglet [​IMG], he usually takes a piece of banana and shuffles off with it or sits it the dish and eats it all. Now I put three pieces in so the others can have some. I'll have to try sweet potato and see what happens [​IMG]

6. greytaloha

greytaloha Hi, I'm New Here!

I am learning so much by reading this food thread. I guess my hermies can eat as good as the humans! I will have to try the baby food and sweet potato... I did put some zucchini in the crabitat, and my 2 loved it....

7. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

If you would like to read even more about the things your crabs can have/should avoid, visit
    http://www.epicureanhermit.com

It is our very own Kali_Ma's (Kerie) site. I'd highly recommend a vist [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.