1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO Tank Broke is this ok?

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by HermitPaws, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

ok i was moving the ISO tank out side to where i could clean is form the mold that was growing in side it and the bottom gave way:(!! luckly i was outside but the problem is i may need an iso tank soon.( 2 digging/eating crabs) i have no money that i can use for my crabs to get a new tank, so i put a piece of glass in between the non digging and the digging ( i was lucky the digging crabs choose that same side of the tank.) they are both in the same little area and i don' know if theyll hurt each other because their in the same area? the area that their in is 4x12. should i make it bigger?, don't know if i can. that main size of the tank is 12x30 Can any 1 help me?

2. Kyxoan

Kyxoan "Preparing For First Molt"

You really don't need an iso tank, Crabs molt in the wild all the time and can fare well with each other. Just provide alot of hideouts so they can go inside one post molt and find a way to semi block the hideout to keep that crab in and other crabs out. Also if none of your crabs are aggressive or territorial you really don't even need to block off the hideout. Eaither way make sure you move the exoskeleton into the hideout or provide some other sorce of calcium because they need it to achieve the hard chitinous plates.

3. HermitPaws

umm.. o.K. i guess.. thanks

4. Kyxoan

Kyxoan "Preparing For First Molt"

pulling them out of the tank actully causes stress as they have to adapt to a new set of surroundings. It is best to just leave molters be =) they know what to do! After a molt though if they are getting attacked or are looking sick it's a good idea to move them but you should let them molt and see how they do with company. For the most part they should find a nice secluded spot and hide for a week or two while they reharden.

5. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

I have never isolated my crabs when they molt (or any other reason actually) and they fare just fine!!! No need to worry!!!

6. HermitPaws

ok thanks for the help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.