1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Robby molting?

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by DaisyCrab, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

My little guy, Robby (smaller than a quarter), has burried himself. He keeps doing this then coming back up. Daily he does this. Lately I noticed that hes very antisocial and inactive. This time I see that he's REALLY burried himself. Think he's molting?
    Does anyone know how long approx it takes for a little guy like that to molt?
    My first crab, Hermie, molted above ground very quickly. Since Robby is burried I assume it may take longer...???
    Thanks in advance.

2. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

He might be getting ready to molt.... is he eating and drinking alot?

3. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

I did see him splashing around today after I put them back in after pooper scooping. I never see him eat, he waits until everyone here is sleeping.
    Now, he's in a tank with other crabs, bigger than him. I don't want to dig him up. He just happened to burry himself under the little hermie hut. Can I leave him under there and just make sure that no one else can get in the hut to disturb him?

4. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

Ya you can lave him there , if you want place the bottom of a 20L soda bottle with holes in the top for air over him (that is when hes molted)

5. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

Ok thank you.

6. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

As long as he's buried, he should be fine. If he's coming up at night though, then he just buries to sleep during the day. One of mine has been buried next to the glass for 3 weeks. I can clearly see him through a "window" he made under there. He molted last night!!! I can see his exo and his pink new legs!!! He's moving around a little and eating on the exo!! I am so excited to have a normal uneventful molt!! I have been through alot with molters and have lost a few during molts, but this one is totally normal so far!!!! I can't wait for him to resurface!! He was my first molter back in the summer and he lost a leg during it. I can't wait to see his new leg!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.