1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it okay to put two molters together

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by kaw0521, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaw0521

kaw0521 Hi, I'm New Here!

I have a small crab that surprised me today and was molting. I isolated it in the 10 gal. tank. I have a larger that seems VERY interested in other shells. Now I'm worrying he's about to go into a molt also. On top of that I have a small one in there who doesn't seem like he is. Question...can I isolate two molters together. The one who surprised me today has shed it's exoskelton and is inside original shell. You can see it's claw and is pink. I've left him alone. What do I do if the large one starts molting...UGH. So much excitement. THanks for any advice.

2. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

you could use something to divide the tank.each side would have a coco hut or a pot on its side and they would each need to have saltwater and freswater and food. you will need to put these in bottle caps. just make sure the caps dont have those little sharp thing on the edges

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Personnally I don't isolate my molters. I have a big enough tank and no one has bothered anyone. Maybe you could leave your other crab in your main tank and let him molt in there. Sometimes removing them from their home can cause more stress, unless of course it's an emergency due to illness, etc.

4. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

minne is in the main tank

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Yeah I have a 75 gallon and a 10 gallon and I don't Isolate mine because I don't really watch for molt signals but I think mine is going to molt soon or maybe he is just bored and he wants to dig a hole

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.