1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is inferno molting ?

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by Mr.Craby, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Craby

Mr.Craby "Never Molted"

my crab inferno has benn under for 3 days and there is no food gone so he is not eating or drinking but ther is not a fishy smell so he is not dead is he molting ?

2. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

It's very possible. Was he lethargic, and/or eating a lot before going under?

Your best bet is to assume he's molting and leave him alone. Keep tank conditions as optimum as possible, provide fresh food and water, and try not to disturb Inferno =]

3. Mr.Craby

Mr.Craby "Never Molted"

he was vary active befor and yesterday he was eating a wallnut for 2 hours and i have not disturb him

4. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

wow! that's a long time! it's very possible he went under. Keep an eye on the sand/subsrtate above him, and see if in the time frame of a few days he disturbs it at all =]. Usually they come up for a quick stop of food and water in the night every once in a while.

5. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

My two did the same. They were very active just an hour before burying. I haven't seen mine in 2 and 3 days. My Ariel went down first then Sebastion a day later. Like you, I've seen no food action since they went down.

6. Mr.Craby

Mr.Craby "Never Molted"

good news and bad news but good news first he is not dead but he is still under and the bad news is the sand is going pink !!:confused:what do i do ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.