1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Bruce dead or molting?

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by shelbers91, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shelbers91

shelbers91 "Preparing For First Molt"

He surfaved himself the otherday, he ddnt come the whole way out, and he moved a bit, and now hes not really moving, and there is no death smell and i dont know if i should touch him or not or what.. thanks for your help, my bf will be so depressed if he dies, because he bought bruce for me.

2. shelbers91

i think he is dead.. i took him out and moved him to the iso, but like he was REALLY loose in the shell.. but what should i do? please help.. it's so sad..

3. shelbers91

i smelled him.. and hes dead alright.. man.. i never even got to play with him.. not really play, but, ya know what i mean..

4. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Sorry to hear about Bruce :(
    It happens alot, far too much than it should due to the way that the crabs are harvested and shipped all over and then not taken care of in the stores, but on the bright side he had a Great place to live out the rest of his short little life!

5. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Poor Bruce!!! Hermies often surface molt, it isn't successful, and they die!!!

6. manolo578

manolo578 (Micro Crab)

WHat can we do if there is a surface molt and I dont have an ISO tank to move them to?

7. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Well, you can use a blocker to block off one half of your main tank. . . That way half of your tank can be used as an ISO, and you will not have to buy anything for an actual ISO tank. . .

8. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

you can block him off.
    If he is near a corner take 2 empty CD Cases and section him off there.
    If he is in the middle, take a 2ltr bottle and cut the top and bottom off so you make a tube and stick it in the sand with him in the middle.
    He will need access to food and water and salt water so an ISO is best but if you dont have one you can try what I suggested, you can also take the galss out of a picture frame and use that to section off a part of your tank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.