1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

introducing my clan

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by mom_of_3, Feb 2, 2012.

1. mom_of_3

mom_of_3 (Micro Crab)

Here are some pics of my guys and the current work in progress (a 66 gal tank we upgraded) and failed attempts before i knew what I was doing..... Oops..sorry guys I didn't know any better yet.

http://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/r495/4_the_love_of_hermies/

hope ya'll enjoy them.

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

good start, you need some hidey places for them, if you have clay flower pots scrub them really good and you can cover them with your substrate, also you can use gladware, jars..i also used the cat bowl for water to when i first started out  :rockz:

3. mom_of_3

mom_of_3 (Micro Crab)

I just got this tank on Monday so it is still a work in progress. I have a month to get it up to shape though as i am adopting 8 more.. :D...they are in Alabama and a friend of mine is going to pick them up for me and foster in Mississippi until I ge tdown there in March. (i live in texas). I had a 10 gallon but now I have this one to do. It will get there though just gonna take some time and I post pics of it as i add to it.

4. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Oooo...nice tank!  Nice crabbie too!..
    When I upgraded my tank it took me about a month also.  I took my time and looked and thought, thought and looked , played around with a few layouts, then proceeded to set it up.
    If you need any hints or ideas on layouts, go to the home page and check out JUST SAY CHEESE or CRABBY CONTESTS.  You'll have to scroll through the posts, but there are a lot of pics on there of other crabitats
    and some helpful info as well.  :flower:

5. mom_of_3

mom_of_3 (Micro Crab)

I have an idea in my head of how I want it to look now it's just getting it there. I am going for a more natural beach dune look. The drift wood and  beach grass and varied sand depths and that kind of thing. I can't wait to see the finished product when it gets done. I will be down by the beach several times this year and will be taking pictures of the dunes so that I can replicate it as much as possible in the tank.