1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting article

Discussion in 'Crabby Links' started by CrabbyCat, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrabbyCat

CrabbyCat Hi, I'm New Here!

(if this is the wrong place, I'm sorry mods)

Lobsters and crabs feel pain, study shows - Discovery.com- msnbc.com

I don't want to start a debate about crabs/lobsters eaten, what I found interesting was that hermit crabs were used in the experiment, and that they felt it important to mention that the hermies all survied and were released.

Seems a cool thing to mention this about a critter people used to see as "disposable."

2. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

This would be in the right place from my point of view but that's great that they let them go. It's not so great to see that they used them on an experiment for "suffering". I hope they did not make the crabs suffer. But they should be happy now. I never eat crab or lobster and my dad is allergic anyway. It's not all that I like crabs but I don't really like it anyway. It's a cool article I just wish it could be about how you could make hermit crabs the most happy. LOL :):p

3. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Cool article! It's very fascinating to learn about hermit crab's minds. I just wished they waited for a hermit crab to fall and get hurt and then observing them instead of intentionally hurting them. Now I wonder if hermit crabs can learn from there mistakes. For example, if they fall off a table will they stay away from the edges of the table from then on? Does anybody have any idea. It's so interesting to learn how these wonderful little creatures think. I know hermies can feel happy and sad but can they have fun and kind of laugh inside?

4. Crabmier

Crabmier (Micro Crab)

WOW! Very interesting. I do believe that hermies feel pain and stress. I mean, when they're taken from their natural habitat and shoved into those stupid painted shells, they have a fear of humans for a while; it most likely hurts them and we all know how stressful it is on them. Poor hermies. :( I like the fact that the hermies were released back to where they came from. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.