1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing a hemp net without suction cups?

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by jsanqunetti, Sep 16, 2012.

1. jsanqunetti

jsanqunetti Hi, I'm New Here!

Hello everyone,

So I have a 10 gallon tank with a hemp net that goes all the way across the tank (see photo)

one side is tied off to the top of my hut, and the other side I have suction cups holding it up.

I think my mr. crabs keep knocking it down, becasue on several occasions its ended up knocked down in the salt water bowl.

Is there an alternative way someone knows to attach a net? I do have mesh screen lid, so I thought I could possibly tie hemp string to the net then to top of the lid?

Just looking for ideas to make it a little more sturdy.

2. sirenequidanse

sirenequidanse (Micro Crab)

I remember the days of fixing suction cups. I have clear plastic tubes I drilled holes in and attached to the inside of my tank with tank sealant . http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=142 I got the link from Vicki. Easy to do. you just need to do it when you deep clean or get a new tank. Best thing I ever did with my tank!

3. Hermit-Crab-Cottage

Hermit-Crab-Cottage Hi, I'm New Here!

I actually used non-toxic hot glue to apply my hempnets to my acrylic aquarium (it probably wouldn't work well for glass). I've used non-toxic hot glue for a lot of things. My crabs have never eaten it, and it's practically the same substance used in plastic plants- so I would assume it's 100% safe. It will stay for as long as you wish it to, but you can also melt it off (by using the tip of the heated glue gun and brushing it against the dried glue) whenever you want to change your crabitat around. I've never had a hemp net in saltwater dish incident again after using hot glue to apply it to the sides of the terrarium. :)

4. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

I have suction cups that lock in place. You can get them at Lowe's. A 5 pack for like...$6.