1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info site

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by CoolDoggy10, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

2. deedeeiam

deedeeiam "First Molt, A Success"

There's inaccurate information on it. Crabs need 3 shells, per crab. So, say you have 6 crabs, the tank should have 18 shells to choose from.

3. DecAbbersMama

DecAbbersMama "Preparing For First Molt"

Cool - With all the problems you have had with your crabs and crabitat recently why did you feel the need to make a site on care info?? Especially because there is inaccurate information on that site.

4. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

er... actually, there's 800 species of hermit crabs, twelve of which are land hermies, not 6. Temp. and humidity is regularly 75-85. it's "substrate" not "substance". PPS can be prevented sometimes with care and not excessive bugging of the crab. Plus, edit the many grammatical errors and errors pointed out above... but until you get your tank situation sorted, i don't think this site is accurate...

5. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

not only is thre inaccurate info there is not nearly enough info, you talk about water and such but no mention of SALT water or that you cant use tap water.
    Oh and Crabs dont eat their Exo for color, they eat it to help them produce their new Exo. It is a calcium source.
    Cool, PLEASE listen to the adults of this site. You are doing more harm than good, I know you mean well and you are trying to help but sometimes just a little misinformation can cause a HUGE problem!!

6. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

C'mon guys!!! She may have some inaccurate information, but there's no need to be mean. . .

7. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Actully I was the one that made the site so it might have errors but i'll fix 'em

8. vckums

vckums Moderator

I don't see anyone being mean. They are concerned about the inaccurate information out there. If one is going to make a site with information, the information needs to be 100% correct.

9. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Sometimes due to age or inability or even lack of respect, there are those we get frustrated with when they continue with less than optimal care for their hermies.
    Unfortunately, good advice is sometimes ignored, no matter how often it is offered. We can try to educate through fact and personal experience, but then it is up to the individual to accept it and put it to use.

Beyond that my friends, we can do no more. Most crabbers are very passionate about their crabs, and it is painful to know that there are little hermies in less than ideal conditions, and unfortunately may stay that way.

Perhaps we just need to step back and hope that our friendly advice and info will be reviewed and used. This is a public forum, and all are welcome, and on occasion there are those that will frustrate us to no end. That's when we do what we can and move on, that way we don't get frustrated even further.

No one is being rude and mean when trying to give the correct advice, just caring and concerned. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.