1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

INFESTATION HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by imported_xAiZaOnigirix, May 18, 2011.

1. imported_xAiZaOnigirix

imported_xAiZaOnigirix (Large Crab)

Hi everyone... it's been a while!! So for the first time in years i have a terrible infestation of fruit flies. Actually, they don't look like fruit flies. They look like gnats. Are Gnats cage infestors too? Anyway, they just appeared. Just... out of nowhere. Not only have they taken over the tank now they're in my room and flying up my nose. I JUST cleaned my tank a few weeks ago. (this reaaaallly sucks  :aargh:) My hermit crabs favorites are fruits and veggies. I'm scared to change their food cause a million flies might come out X_X So, clean the cage, boil everything but the crabs, okay. But how am i supposed to keep them away? they come out of NO WHERE and now that they're in my room cleaning the cage won't kill them all and they'll be back. Anything else i should do/help for me?! I feel very helpless. Like no matter what i do i'm stuck with these forever now  :sad5: My crabs will probably be fine... so save me X___X

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Try putting out a big bowl of soapy water and vinegar.It should attract them. The only other thing I can tell you is to put your tank somewhere else for 24 to 36 hrs (you also) and bomb the room (there are a few that arent that bad). After that it should be safe to return them and you to your room.

3. marleyfish

marleyfish "First Molt In Progress"

im dealing with the same problem and for me soap and wine are working great

4. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

can you put some of the sticky strips up  to hanging some where. but away from your crabs like around your light so when your light is on they are drawn to it and will get stuck to it?

5. Mariah

Mariah "Preparing For First Molt"

same here I tried wine vinger and soapy water. Stunk my room up :/ little buggers are annoying.