1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In need of new shells

Discussion in 'Shell Swap & Freebies?' started by DecAbbersMama, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecAbbersMama

DecAbbersMama "Preparing For First Molt"

I don't have more then 2 or 3 natural shells at the moment (Have some on order, not sure when they will be here), and all my crabs came in painted shells. I have been trying to get them out of them, but they won't. I am wondering if anyone has a variety of natural 1/2 - 1 inch shells they would be willing to sell me to help out my boys. I have been looking everywhere for shells that I could just pick up but all the stores around here have painteds. :(

Let me know, thanks:)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  2. sterwick

sterwick Hi, I'm New Here!

I think the best option would be to go to a shell seller online who knows about crabs, not a store worker. I have never shopped there, but Tammy at the hermit crab patch seems to have a good selection of shells, but i have heard she is a bit out of stock at the moment.

Hope this helped, Stevo.

3. DecAbbersMama

DecAbbersMama "Preparing For First Molt"

I did look at the hermit crab patch, and the only ones she has are too small for my guys. Although I did manage to find some people on here to buy some from, so my guys should be alright for the time being.

4. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Look on ebay. You can find them just the right size and really cheap. Also, look at craft stores and dollar stores and little collectible store that might sell little shells as decor for people.

5. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

i agree with cococrisp. The shell my biggest changed into was bought as decoration! it's not as sturdy as the others, but it does its job. You could probably get them in the places cococrisp said, and also in any sea-themed store. you might be surprised how much you can actually find! =]

6. sterwick

sterwick Hi, I'm New Here!

Yeah there are always shells in a sea-themed store, or an actual shell shop. Found one in a charity shop once in a town in Wales called Dolgellau, but it was a snail shell and it was tattered.

Stevo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.