1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In memory of Greeny

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by hermiefun, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Well tonight we lost our first hermie named greeny. We have only had hermies about 3 months. I'm not sure what happened to greeny he was small and after a month with us he went through a molt. He was doing great then last week he just started dropping legs and his large pincer. I put him in ISO but he didn't make it. It's affected me more than i thought it would he was one of my favorites. He would only come out in my hand and would hide from everyone else. I'm gonna miss him.:(

2. Jason

Jason Moderator

My condolences on your loss.

3. reader101

reader101 Banned

My sympathies as well. Perhaps it's the moon, as I just had one perfectly healthy dollar-size hermie do its full molt face-first into a jumbo shell (wonderful idea, as it has protection and can eat exo safely), then turn around and roll over. Misting was all I could offer, but the smell was there yesterday...I'm feeling even worse not knowing the cause of death to avoid it in the future.
    You always ask yourself "Why?" It had succeeded previous molts and swaps with me.
    In memory of "Running Down the Beach".

4. ZanZan

ZanZan (Micro Crab)

im sorry... I dunno what to do if one of my crabbie die... they're like my kids... as long as you don't blame yourself on the death.

5. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

I wonder why they do that? i have only had a couple crabs dye on me because of too much PPS from the petstores bad condtions. maybe its just their time to go. sorry for your guys' loss

6. tengo cangrejos ermitaños

tengo cangrejos ermitaños (Small Crab)

my sympathy as well, it's never easy to lose a pet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.