1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im sorry, rugbii.

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by alliswell777, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alliswell777

alliswell777 (Small Crab)

[​IMG]ttp://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee402/alliswell777/101_2286.jpg[/IMG]
    guys, we got home tonite & rug was sprawled out of his shell in his salt water dish. he was dead, to my dismay. i picked up his shell, & he slowly fell out. i took 2 fotos of those bumps that i posted earlier about, on his sides (beginning of abdomen area). well, i feel sad about this. its such a drag. when & if carrie & stevie come back up, im not sure if i will continue to crab. something is not going right. for rugbii to be so active after we brought him home from the petstore, then seemingly go downhill from there...i just dont know. if im doing something wrong- then i just dont want to do this anymore.

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

your picture didn't come up :eek:ops2:

3. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

There are allot of people who feel the same way as you
    A hermit crab can get PPS up to 6 months after purchase.They are expensive, hard to care for,you hardly see them except at night,molting is very stressful for US and takes a very long time.
    People get very discoraged when they seemingly die for no reason after all the care you have given them. We have all had losses and sometimes wonder if it is all worth it.
    Did rug drown in the water? Was the water shallow enough for him to easily get out? Was he in the water when you left the house?
    I think it is worth it but I have learned from trial and error.

4. Ameliasaur

Ameliasaur "Never Molted"

Aw, that's awful! I'm sure that it was nothing you did. I hope that you find peace with this loss.

5. alliswell777

on saturday, i sat rug in his food dish with new & fresh stuffs. he was kinda stiff & just sat there. on friday, tho, he was more mobile & sampled different items in his dish. yes, he was in his dish when we left. i had put him there. the dish was very shallow, tho he may not have had the strength to pull himself out, if there was a problem. he was real stiff-acting. we got home about 4 hours later, & he was sprawled outward in his shell. his little eyes had gone dark.

6. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Then it was nothing you did so dont blame yourself. It sounds like he was lethargic and getting weaker and you were trying to help. Just remember that he had a great life while you had him and saved him from the horrible conditions he was in. So sorry for your loss!

7. alliswell777

:flower: thanks, trixie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.