1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm New but Not New!!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Jessafall, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessafall

Jessafall "Preparing For First Molt"

Hey yall, well I owned hermit crabs for about a year a couple of years ago. but i had to move and adopt them out. but now i'm back and i'm in the process of setting up the tank. i've been luckly and got a cracked 20L for $10 and going to get a 30 gallon for $30-40. both through craigslist. I can't wait to decorate the tank. it was one of my parts of changing around the crabitat. and get some hermit crabs and name them. hehe. I'll post pictures when i am all done with the tank!!!

oh I also have a question, since i found my old profile and since i already made a new one, i'm just wondering if anyone knows how to delete their profile. i can't figure out how to!!

2. flamelet

flamelet (Micro Crab)

Awesome! Welcome backto crabbing. Be sure to post pictures of your tank and crabbies when you get them. :)

~flamelet~

3. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Yep. I'm sure your tank will look great! Have you found any crabs yet?

4. Jessafall

no i haven't found any crabs yet. first i'm going to set up the tank. i have a 20L and tomorrow i'm going to be getting a 20H off of craigslist. and will be joining them together to make a bigger tank. but i'm really not going to set the tank up or get some hermies till i get back from vacation at the end of june. i'll definally post pictures of my crabitat and hermies once everything is all setup!

5. cococrisp

How do you join them? I've been wanting to do that forever with my ten gallon tanks?

6. Jessafall

plexi glass, cardboard, sealant, velcro and believe it or not i use duck tape also. haha. it really depends on if the 2 tanks will fit one on top of each other, if they don't i'm going o put the 20H vertical to the 20L.
    I will post step by step pictures on how i joined them together so others can see the basics.

7. cococrisp

Oh. You are not really going to tear off one piece of glass and stick on another though. I've wanted to do that. I've made a really tall tan k out of ten gallons but I found no point in it as the crabs did not climb high and it was hard to clean out etc.

8. Jessafall

this time i am going to use a glass cutter for the idea i have and hopefully it will work. it really depends on how the tanks would fit on the stand i painted yesterday.

9. cococrisp

Oh. I don't really have a glass cutter so that made it really useless for me. I think that if I built a tank out of sheets of plexiglas that might work well especially since I don't care if it does not hold water.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.