1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new, and kinda obsessed :-)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by DecAbbersMama, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecAbbersMama

DecAbbersMama "Preparing For First Molt"

I find Lowe's to be much more user friendly too :)

I went out today and bought a brick of EE, some coconut climbing fiber, a humidity gauge and my hubby is bring organic fruits and veggies and the freeze drying things home from work

2. lovelylivelycrabs

lovelylivelycrabs "Preparing For First Molt"

I can't find anything at Home Depot haha. Is it that coconut fiber climbing wall? I had some of that but the glue like separated from the wall almost. There were little white drops of glue all over it, so I took it out. It kinda freaked me out.:eek:

Freeze drying things? what do you mean? Does it actually freeze dry stuff or am I completely misunderstanding? :p

3. DecAbbersMama

Yea, it is a coconut fiber climbing wall. I didn't it up yet, I want the humidity to get where it needs to be first and then introduce more.

It is a quick drying freeze dryer. My husband is a chef, and he gets his hands on all these cool little gadgets. It will have everything completely free-dryed by the am.

4. lovelylivelycrabs

woah, spifftastic!! I want one!! *sigh* I hate being poor. (Not exactly poor, but I'm not ridiculously rich like my friends. They have these huge houses with like 6 or 7 bedrooms <with like 5 people living there, they each have their own room with 2 or 3 guest rooms... We have 5 people living in my house that has 3 bedrooms. Seriously.> soaring high ceilings <My friend Alex and her dad went to go cut down a christmas tree last year, and they brought it back, and put it up in front of me. It was, I kid you not, BIGGER than the National Christmas Tree in front of the White house. They had to use a 6-foot ladder to get 2/3 of the way up. They couldn't figure out how to get the star on, and eventually had to take it down, put the star on while it was laying down, and put it back up. And it didn't even brush the ceiling. *SIGH*> Man, I'm telling you, if my house had 3 extra bedrooms, I'd have a room for sewing, a room for painting and crafts, and a whole darned room for my lovely little crabs. The treadmill <currently in my room, since "I'm the only one in the whole house who has her own room"... hence my trouble finding a spot for my 90 gallon> would go in the sewing room. *sigh* oh man would I LOVE a house like that. And my parents can't even pay for my college tuition for more than a year. They're getting full rides through college. I'm BEYOND envious. I want to be adopted by their parents.)

I can't say all of the climbing mats will do that, that's just my experience with it. I think the brand was the one that makes all those products "especially" for hermit crabs, except none of them really works except the food bowls (and really, how could you mess up a food bowl?) You know, the one that sells the "hermit crab scoop" which is really just like a miniature cat litter scoop? They also have those dual humidity/temp gauges that are WAYYY too small to be seen even by someone with superhuman vision?
    Anyway, all I'm trying to say is that they make a bunch of cheesy products that don't exactly work right, and I've learned to stay away from that brand. They even have this really lame cartoon hermit crab for the brand logo.

:)

Oy, headache... I hate caffeine. I had a soda with breakfast (McDonald's) A soda at the movies (a large, which is seriously monstrously large, and I drank the WHOLE THING) and then 2 glasses of soda at dinner. (all diet, but not caffeine free) And I haven't had caffeine like that in months, in fact, I hadn't had any for two months before today... My medicine intensifies the effects so I leave feeling like my heart's going to explode.
    *sigh* Damaged goods, I'm telling you. I'll be up ALL night tonight, but at least I won't have to wonder why. :rolleyes:

5. DecAbbersMama

You're talking about Crabworx.... everything I have bought from that company has been so basic ya can't screw it up lol. I love that they sell a $5 Mr. Mister bottle! Like you can't buy a bottle from beauty supply for 50 cents that is the same thing.

Eh, most of the fun stuff like that we have was bought for my husband by his parents before we married, or his job lets him borrow. We live in a house big enough for us, and visiting our friends makes me jealous too :-(

6. lovelylivelycrabs

Crabworx! OH! Okay, now I remember. But I'd "just say no" to the coconut fiber climbing wall from Crabworx. I picked mine up just now and it smells like plastic. Really really strong smelling plastic. Honestly, I wouldn't want that in my tank even if it did work. Ha, I know what you mean about that misting bottle-- I found one at Target for 99 cents. And it's higher quality, too.

Haha, no need for sad faces, we all wish for something bigger and better, even to the point of neglecting what we already have. My room is a MESS, but I've always felt that if I had a bigger room, or a guest room, my mess would be smaller and more manageable. The truth is, I've gone to the beach with my parents and have had an extra room... My mess by the end of the week was absolutely ridiculous. It had taken over both rooms. That's what I know would happen if I were to get a bigger house. There'd just be an even bigger mess. :)

7. DecAbbersMama

The coconut climbing fiber I bought isn't from crabworx, so I will have to let ya know how it is when I get to setting it up. I just dampened the sand and made a layer of EE on the one side (to make sure my humidity is right and see which one they like better - looks like EE is winning :) ) So, I need to give them awhile before I bother them again, so I am gonna wait to set anything else up.

8. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

i'm so sorry for your hermie losing a leg! My jumbo has a chipped leg from banging on the glass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.