1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm gonna be a foster mommy!

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by xAizaOnigirix, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

My friend is having home issues and cannot properly care for his hermies at the corrent time, so i'm gonna be a foster mommy! i'll be getting a medium-sized hermie named Katrinka, (she's in a painted shell, poor thing, i'll have to fix that) and another small one whos name is Rodney, i think. The little one might be dead, but i'm going to judge of he's dead or molting. My friend says he doesn't smell anything, but we'll have to see. Even better, i get more supplies to take care of them! I'm getting a 1g tank (not much, but my current crabitat is too small for five, so i can split them up or use the 1g as an ISO) and a heat lamp (i know it dries tanks out, but i'd only use it when i'm home and can monitor it.) This is great! I wish i could keep them, but i respect the fact he would want them back, and i'd rather have them for a little while than not at all and have them die. But i won't give them back until they have a proper set up! Hopefully i'll get them tomorrow :D!
    (yeah, not really a question, sorry, i'm just happy!)
    Any suggestions on anything for this situation?

2. Hermies4Life

Hermies4Life (Small Crab)

YOu should get a bigger tank than a 1 gallon. Not to sound rude but even 5 gallons is inadiquite for 1 hermie none the less two of them. So you shouold try to get a 10 gallon tank at the most. And what size tank do you have for your main tank right now
    ?

3. xAizaOnigirix

(i wasn't going to put two in the one gallon =[) I have only about a 3g, but i'm getting a new one ASAP, hopefully 20-30g. It's better then what he has, at least: a tiny mesh cage in a cold room... *shivers*

I know it's too small, and i'm going hunting for a new tank as soon as i can, i promise! i already started looking the past few days!

4. Hermies4Life

Hermies4Life (Small Crab)

Oh ok! Lol I was justr curious

5. xAizaOnigirix

no problem =]

6. rugh1982

rugh1982 "First Molt In Progress"

good for you! and you should feel good for saving 2 hermies :)
    how about some pics?

7. xAizaOnigirix

thanks, i do :D
    i'll post 'em when i get 'em, there was some issues and i couldn't get them today. He wants to give them to me after school, but i don't agree with leaving them in a car for eight hours in a cold parking garage....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.