1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm giving away FREE hermie food!

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by NotaMallard, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotaMallard

NotaMallard "First Molt, A Success"

I tried this once at another forum, I made necklaces and gave them to members. It was fun and I think both parties benefited.
    So I love dehydrating and making hermit crab food. I just hate how little the crabs eat! I make food all the time but my silly crabs just don't have the time or the stomach to eat it all. So I've decided to mail it to you guys! Lets see if there's enough interest (at least six or seven people) and then we can start.
    There will be:

Protein Mix
    Rabbit jerky and chicken jerky dusted lightly with cuttlebone and iodine-free sea salt.

Veggie Mix
    Dehydrated squash, leafy greens, and carrot

Apple Delight
    Apple bits, dehydrated and basted with organic honey

Other Bits and Pieces Pack
    Ground peanuts, ground flax seed, bits of dehydrated coconut, a little baggy of cuttlebone dust and iodine-free sea salt mix. All separate!

More may be added as more fresh foods are brought into the house. So just post here if you'd be interested! Thanks. Now, it wouldn't be completely free, you'd need to buy two postage stamps (one for the letter here and one for me to mail back).

2. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

I will do it, let me know the cost, if it just 2 postage stamps then I am in.

3. drk_paramour

drk_paramour "Never Molted"

sounds like a pretty cool idea to me, I don't mind paying for a couple of postage stamps :)

4. momof2hermi_bashfull

momof2hermi_bashfull "First Molt In Progress"

Same here I would be interested, and can come up with the cost of a couple of stamps, heck even shipping too. I spoil me crabbies they are my babies.

5. heidi

heidi "Never Molted"

im in what is it like we trade food or i just send stamps belive me im in the same boat with little tummies have dehydrated a lot of fruit blueberries cranberries apples and much much much more so if want some be more than happy to trade it or if you pay postage i got food and im in let me know where to send my stamps toGREAT IDEA

6. jendevine

jendevine (Micro Crab)

Sounds great count me in if you still have some.:)

7. NotaMallard

Okay, that's 5 people. Just email me at: laurelc95@hotmail.com and mention what 1 or 2 of the foods you want. Then I'll send you my address and instructions. I guess you can email me up until I get 10 people participating or I run out of stuff. Heidi messaged me a great idea, if you want you can send a bit of food YOU have made along with the envelope. Then it can be an exchange. But you don't have to, of course!

8. NotaMallard

Just so everyone knows, I'm adding green beans, peas, and corn to the veggie one.

9. chermo

Ok I sent you an email. Thanks so much for the offer. This is great. I have not made any foods I just usually give them fresh what we eat at dinner time before I season it and cook it. They love all the fresh stuff they get. I have dried stuff too but they like the fresh better. I hope they like what you send too. I will let you know.

10. momof2hermi_bashfull

I sent an e-mail as well. Look forward to hearing from you.

11. NotaMallard

So far I have a few more items left. The original rabbit and chicken protein mix isn't here any more, all three I had made up are taken and the dog ate the rabbit jerkey. But, I can make another new protein mix. Other than that everything else is still available.

Edited Protein Mix
    Chicken chunks and scrambled eggs

12. hermies2013

hermies2013 Hi, I'm New Here!

Can you please PM me more information. I am very interested i have 21 little hermies it is expensive to feed the all. PLEASE EMAIL ME I WILL GLADLY PAY FOR A STAMP OR 2.;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2008
  13. NotaMallard

All the free food is spoken for, unfortunately. But Vicki's site, hermitcrabaddictionstore.com, or mine, carefreecrabs.webs.com, both have cheap food. Thanks so much, guys! I'm sorry for the people who came a bit late.

14. chermo

I have to still go to the post office to get my stamps, you know what go ahead and give mine to hermies2013 if she wants them. I have a hard time gettting to the post office to get stamps with only 1 car in the family that works right now. Just let me know when you are doing it again and I will make sure I get stamps ready on 2 envelopes for the next time.
    Sorry and thanks.

15. momof2hermi_bashfull

I purchased some from your site, I never did get your address to send you any stemp envelopes to get free food. I did have a chance to poke around your site and it looks great and did place an order with you. I would also love to get some of the rabbit jerky, sounds like it would be tasty for the crabby's.

16. NotaMallard

Okay, I've contacted hermies2013 and let her know about the change. That's quite nice of you, chermo, I'm sure she'll appreciate it!

17. chermo

What are the holidays for anyways. I have plenty of fresh and dried foods here for my 3 crabs so I really didn't need anymore anyways. I hope she enjoys them. Please let me know when you decide to do it again if you decide to do it again. I may even buy from your site sometime when I need more food.

18. kissmeimgone

kissmeimgone (Micro Crab)

I'm definitley interested in feeding my little buggers ^.^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.