1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IM EXSTATIC

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by Pharmoc, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

I use half n half. Not the creamer [​IMG].

2. Pharmoc

Pharmoc (Micro Crab)

Ok i have 4 crabs down at the moment and well maybe ive jumped to the conclusion that they are moulting ive had them all for about 2 months now and theve not moulted so far so maybe they are im just a little worried im keeping the tank moist and theres always fresh food but when i look at the tank when i get in from working in the morning's ( i work nights) i can see tracks so maybe theve been out and wondering during the night or maybe its just the crab thats topside the sand at the sirface seems to be disturbed alot but as i posted a pic before the crabs are all in there individual little dens and they seem to be doing well , should i be worried that none have come up to eat as far as i know that is i know to leave them well alone as thier either destressing or actually mooulting just wondering well how long you think it will go on for , i have a semi large crab down as of last night but the resr are quite small and 1 is even a micro i would say .

Thanks for any advice xx

3. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

I have had plenty of crabs that spent a month or two "getting settled" before going down to molt. I've also had some that simply feel more comfortable staying buried most of the time at first. You could have some of both types. The ones that are not molting may come up to eat occasionally, but probably don't need much food, since they're not burning too much energy. So I don't think you need to be too worried. Just make sure the substrate gets neither too wet nor too dry and all should be fine.

4. nene

nene Hi, I'm New Here!

I'm so sorry to hear about bubuska. I am new to this myself, but if you don't mind i was wondering what you was feeding your other hermie in the picture?

5. Pharmoc

Pharmoc (Micro Crab)

Mainly salads all cut up tiny and small pieces of meat ,
    I made them a killer meal the other night i made up a little bit and its stored in a tupperware thing in the fridge mashed bananas greens few rice crispies little pieces of meat tomato & allsorts really , i have salmon for them too they are all eating really well !

6. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

Pharmoc, I know it might sound a little crazy, but do you feed them cellulose? Julia Crab recommends either oak leaves, oak bark, or grated corncob. My crabs are fed these on a regular basis along with daily protein and calcium. I've had no surface molts or crabs going naked. I've also had no cannibalization. Just a little food for thought. God Bless.

7. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

congrats on the motl. they are so stressful for me.. i can only imagine what a firstime molter mihgt feel like. lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.