1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im doing it! My own darn rescue mission

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by HERMEZ, Dec 27, 2006.

1. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

OK sick sick sick of my E's so I am switching the tanks around to accomadate all the E's being together--they can eat each other til their hearts content and when they are done--I will make it my itty bitty tank again--I just hope to heck my inkle binkle babies are ok with some of the mediums--I switched 3 around before work -- the rest I worked out on paper--this aft I will switch who I can--I have 2 molters down (adopted ones) and I am already worried they should have been up by now. Maybe I will dig soon  :BangHead: if I find one more dead I swear  :steamed:

2. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

I was actually thinking of doing the same thing next week when I'm off work.  I'm not having a HUGE amount of trouble with the Es but a little here and there.  In fact, just a day or two ago I found one E who kept coming over and sitting on Tune's shell (who I think may have just come up from a molt).  Every time Tune went into his shell the E went away but as soon as Tune came back out back on went the E.  I finally reached in and moved Tune away.  The only problem with splitting them up is that the two tanks are split between the floors and if I put all the Es upstairs then we don't get to see the Indo's on the rare occasions they come out and if all the Es go downstairs then we don't get to see Fat B@stard or Chip or any of the other cool ones when their out.  I just wish I could put both tanks in my room but there just isn't enough room in there.

Good luck with the other molters Herm.

3. veltish

veltish Guest

Hmm.. So far.. E's are by far my fav. i dont kno if ive just got lucky or what..( but i only have 3 of them).. i absolutely adore them!! they have such persoalities and i love how adventerous they are..so far..my 3 have been complete angels! especially Billie..( my first crab)

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

yeah above ground what darlings--its what they do beneath the surface

well misson complete except for the 2 molters--not sure if alive and 1 E in the other tank who is down but Im sure that is not for long

How about one of the ones that got moved goes and jumps the one that was in the tank he just went into---gutsy huh? Its ususally the other way around *sigh*

5. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

Wow Herm... sounds like your E's are quite the little stinkers!

I am so sorry that they are giving you such a hard time...  guess we now know why Vicki only has a tank of E's  :cheesygrin:

Good Luck with 'em!

6. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

Es ARE little stinkers!!!  Just wait & see what will happen now that you have a tankful of them!!!  They had so dang many tunnels & holes in my 20L, that it looked like swiss cheese.  They constantly trashed the tank....I know you remember be complaining about them! 

Sooooooo, I adopted them out to a friend.  I stupidly turned around & brought home 8 of the buggers in October.  (At least two have no doubt passed from PPS, as I have not seen them in a couple of months...I'll find out for sure when I start the deep cleans next month.)  So, that leaves me 5-6 of my own Es.

And THEN I go & adopt those 5 monsters from the girl in Jacksonville!  Now they are like little devils!  I watched one of them, that likes to run back & forth across the the front of the tank, trample one of the ants about 8 times.  Every time the poor little ant poked his nose out of his shell, the dang bulldozer would run him down again!  I finally moved the ant to another area of the tank.  Now, the little apes are in the 20L.

Believe me, G/F~~~I thought I was the only one who had a horrible time with Es.  Misery loves company, so I am glad I have an ally in this!

7. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

yeah they trash the 20L alright--I only had to move 3 more to it--I already had 8 in there and they did a fine job at that! It was shuffling the other poor crabs around that stunk--and now I have to mix my dang shells up--ggrrrrrr - on the bright side I can see my babies better--the 40B is right next to the computer--the 20L was behind me around the table

8. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

Maybe you can just move the 20L outside, like maybe on the curb next to the garbage cans??? :clever66:

9. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Maybe you can just move the 20L outside, like maybe on the curb next to the garbage cans??? :clever66:
    [/quote]LOL I dont hate them that much!  :pffftt:

10. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Yeah I agree, below the surface they are just plain evil!!! They should come with a warning label.

11. CrabbyChris22

[/quote]

Oooorrrrrr, you could just move that 20L down to my house...

I think I am going to do the same thing one day off next week during my vacation, move all the Es into one tank.  Both of my tanks are full of tunnels and holes right now but I'm not sure if all of it is from the Es or not.  This IS mass molt season and in the past two nights I've also seen my other Indo, Beaker, out and about.  I couldn't get a close look to see if he has recent molt signs but both him and Tune have been MIA for a while.  I've found with my 2 Indos though that they seem to be fairly unsociable; they'll come out for a couple of days and then back into hiding they go again for another month or 2.  Too bad they're like that, they are so pretty.

12. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Im really at a loss to whether dig up the 2 PP's--I am fearful of the worst and yet I have that little girl to answer too--what if her crabs died?????  :tear: what on earth do I do then? I see no holes on the bottom--they both had not molted in a long time and one is nickel size the other Quarter--shell and all............help  :help:

13. CrabbyChris22

how long have they been down Herm?

14. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Burt since 12/2 and Ernie I think was a week behind he is the smallest

15. CrabbyChris22

I wouldn't get concerned yet Herm, it's not even a whole month yet for Burt.  I (and let me stress that's me) don't get too concerned anymore unless it's been 6-8 weeks.  Unless of course you KNOW that one of the jerk crabs was digging where either of them are buried.

Good luck, I hope Burt and Ernie are ok.

16. vckums

vckums Moderator

Aww Hermz! I hope they stop acting up. Remember I had to make a bully tank for the rugs I had along time ago. They were fine after a month in there alone.