1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my blue is sick?

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by Klabelle, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

Well as the title says, I think Poseidon is sick.
    He looks as though he really needs the molt (he hasn't molted with me yet)
    and his shell is a little pale and not quite as hard as it should be.
    He seems really weak as well.

Anything I can do to try and strengthen him up?

I just deep cleaned the tank yesterday because
    his choice of hangout area had mold that was out of sight.

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

the site or my page is really messed up! but if it's treated like any reg crab, make sure his humidity and temp is what it should be, got all the mold out. give him high energy foods, like raw honey in a bottle cap or organic peanut butter, make sure he has cuttle bone or some kind of calcium. if you have worm castings you can leave that in there and then I would leave him be. How long have you had him?? did you look up proper care for your crab if he is a different type of crab than just a reg old purple pincher? if you mess with them to much they can stress out and will leave their shells, and also leave their shell if they are weak. make it dark for him..they will molt when the conditions are right

3. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

I read up all the care that was available on blueberries, I've had him since end of december.

None of my crabs touch cuttlebone so they have crushed shells and i think king crab? shells.
    There is always honey in the tank and none eat peanutbutter, not even blue. His thing is hamburg but we never have any.

After cleaning the tank everything is perfect as far as heat/hum go and I only picked him up only 3 times.
    Once to check his exo, once to feed him (he did eat after i put him in the bowl) and once more so he could get some drink. I'm not sure where he is now so hopefully he is molting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.