1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I swear.....I am a moron!!! (And a glutton for punishment!)

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by *Kathy*, Jan 25, 2007.

1. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

Okay, so I was way out in Lakeland on business today, and decided to see what their Petco had to offer.  I don't get out that way much, but try to stop there when I am in the area.

ALLLLL PPs everywhere!  Not a single ruggie, which is what I was after.  Okay, so I made the kid open the straw tank, just for a peek.  I lifted a large straw up & there, underneath him, was a little shell.  I picked it up & it was occupied by a tiny little straw.  I tried desperately to get him to come out, and finally decided that he might not even be alive. :(   Then I found an even smaller shell, and tucked inside was an even littler straw.  (BP about the size of a pencil eraser.)  Again, NO movement whatsoever.

I carried the both of them around in my hand for about 20 minutes....nothing.  I didn't know what to do.  I really didn't need anymore straws, but I couldn't leave them if they were that scared & possibly sick, so I brought them both home.

NO MOVEMENT from either shell for the full 2 hour ride home.  "Great!" I thought....I brought home two dead crabs.  :crybaby2:

Well, I brought them in to the house, and prepared their salt water bath with a heavy heart.  Poor little guys never stood a chance.  But, oh well, what is the harm of sticking them in the water just to make sure, right?

OUT THEY POPPED!  :eek:

Since I already have Straws named Candy Apple, Twizzler, and Gumdrop, I am keeping with the sweet candy theme for now......

Meet Skittles, the smaller of the two~~~
    [img=300x253]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l22/glass_slipper917/ZZ_012507015.jpg[/img]
    [img=300x251]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l22/glass_slipper917/ZZ_012507021.jpg[/img]

And this is Starburst (Look how big her shell is for that little body!) AND check out those new little toes~~~
    [img=300x233]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l22/glass_slipper917/ZZ_012507034.jpg[/img]
    [img=300x249]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l22/glass_slipper917/ZZ_012507029.jpg[/img]

You don't need to tell me that I took a big risk bringing these two anti-social, possibly dead darlings home.  I really wonder if they will survive, because they seem so stressed. :( But I know they stand a better chance with me, than if I had left them there at Petco.  I think if they make it  out of ISO, they will be housed with the "ants" and friends.  (I might move a couple of my other teenie straws over there, too.) 

Keep your fingers crossed for Starburst & Skittles!!!

2. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Sweet baby straws! Let's hope for the best!!!  :Good-Luck:

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

Beautiful, and if anyone can get them healthy its YOU! :fingerscrossed:

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Aw they are precious.......congrats--they stand a good chance dont give up  :pinkhat:

5. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

Awww Kathy they are sooo cute!  I'll keep my  :fingerscrossed: for them!  Make sure you keep us updated!

6. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

They are really cute Kathy, congratulations.

Speaking of nails though, wow, did YOU just molt or something?

7. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

:chuckle:

8. justanoob

justanoob Guest

Your not a moron, you just to easy :think: Congrats they are lovely little guys :pinkhat:

9. starmaiden

starmaiden "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Congrats! I would have taken the wittle guys home too if I were you Kathy!  :partyhat4: You aren't a sucker, you're a sweetheart for crabbies that are wittle and sick! :inv: