1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help (marine sand stained my carpet)

Discussion in 'Caribbean Vacation - COL (Chirping Out Loud).' started by SuperMom, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

My husband was helping me change my substrate. He uses his shop vac to get all the subtrate out and then we scrub it down. Anyway he was vacuming the marine sand out and the piece on the back of his vac was open and the sand got on my carpet. We got all the sand up, but the green is stained on my beige carpet. How can I get it up? I tried shampooing it and I'm calling in the morning to have someone come out and clean it, but does anyone know a way to get this color out of my carpet?

2. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

I have used Oxy Clean, spray bottle for carpets, laundry etc. I would test a small area first, though!
    I have gotten a lot of stains from the dogs up with this, and has been recommended to me many times for tough stains, hope it works for you.
    Have you ever seem those little "Mean Green cleaning machines", they work great for spot cleaning too. The best prices are at 'Wal Mart and Target.

3. SuperMom

pblove, thank you I'll try anything right now, and the green machine *I have one and love it*. It is super great for the coach. [​IMG]

4. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

You'r welcome, hope it works!!
    I ahve even gottne blood out of light pink carpet with it, so it shoudl work on your carpet.
    Just remember, the more products you use, the more the stain sets in permanently.
    p.s. I have a house cleaning service, see a lot of stains along the way, -lol!

Oh, use white rags, really saturate the stain with Oxy clean, then keep bloting, do NOT rub. If it doesn't work the first time, do it again until it does work. I also blot with cool, plain water after most of stain is gone.
    I actually wet the spot, then stand with all my weight on the white rag, so it really penetrates the carpet.

5. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

Tricia, did you get the stain out?

6. SuperMom

Not completely, we had the carpet cleaned and I tried the Oxy clean. Edwards carpet is comimng out this Thurs. so I guess we will see what my husbands mess cost this time....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.