1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just bought...

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by chermo, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

13 different foods from the addiction store. I can't wait to give them to my 3 lucky crabs. Once I get them I will post what I got and what my crabs seem to like. I of course can't remember what I got now I was so excited that I just clicked on stuff and checked out.

2. Mommy2Crabs

Mommy2Crabs (Small Crab)

Oh cool! Definetly let us know how they like their new food! I've been meaning to buy some of Vicki's food. Maybe I'll do that too soon. :)

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Oh my goodness...you just wait. I couldn't wait to open my box when it came! I don't know who's more excited each night at feeding time, the crabs or me. They love the food---I'll deffinitly be ordering from there again ( and again and again):)

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

its so fun to get new foods for de crabbies- ever see my food drawer?
    [​IMG]
    thats not all of it

5. momof2hermi_bashfull

momof2hermi_bashfull "First Molt In Progress"

Thats quite a bit of food their Hermez, thinking that our crabs eat better than us humans, (well at least mine do, if not very close to it.) LOL. I have all kinds of food for them, and they all (6 of them) enjoy it.

6. chermo

I basically feed them what I eat but of course no spices. I only order stuff online when I sell stuff on ebay then I use that money in my paypal account for the payment of my crab food, then my husband doesn't say anything about more mouths to feed on our 1 income. I have tons of stuff to sell on ebay so I know they won't starve. I was a partylite consultant up until this month when I decided I will no longer be selling and sold off my whole kit that I got for free for $150, so I used it for 2 years and made a profit. I have other stuff to sell too so I know they will always have food especially when I go out of town which I will be doing the first weekend of October when my 10 year old daughter will be feeding them and my husband will be helping her change out the water dishes. I know they won't feed them non spiced foods since my husband puts spices on everything he cooks and even if I tell him to leave a small piece he forgets.

7. chermo

Wow that is a ton of foods, I hope to get my stock up like that. I only have 3 crabs however currently so that stash you have would last me forever. Will any of that ever go bad?

8. vckums

vckums Moderator

What kind of ebay stuff?

9. chermo

I sell stuff that I find around the house that we don't use or want anymore. I hate keeping stuff around the house so I find stuff to sell. I had on there some cute small hermit crab shells but no one bought them and I put them up 2 times. I got them in the 3 pack from the crabbage patch but they were the small ones that are too small for my crabs. I put that partylite stuff on that most of it sold. I never have any one set thing just stuff I find around the house and sell it on ebay if I or my family no longer need/use it. Then I take that money and transfer the shipping into my account so I can ship the item(s) and use the other money in paypal to buy stuff for the crabs from online stores like the addiction store and the crabbage patch or whoever takes paypal that has what I want. Some times I put kids clothes and toys on there too. I have to go into my stash and see what will be next to sell.

10. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

yes I try to keep an eye on it re: freshness- even with all that I feel so bored feeding my herd- I think they are bored too-I want a gourmet chef for me and de crabs

11. Switchblade_Brigade

Switchblade_Brigade "First Molt, A Success"

An addiction like that can't be healthy. LOL

12. vckums

vckums Moderator

I love shopping for things on Ebay. My youngest are still ok with getting used things from Ebay. But I have found the neatest things to get them from there.

13. chermo

I got them today, they rock, I gave a small sample of each to my crabs tonight and will see what they seem to like better. I loved getting that package in the mail. All the extra samples are great too.

14. heidi

heidi "Never Molted"

things ive tried on my hermit crabs some where a big hir some where not

frozen brine shrimp put some in a shallow dish with water my big guy whent after them but that was it the other tree nothing at all but they are 1/3 of the big guys size
    kaytee healthy toppings for birds papaya bites loved by all
    100%natural hearring steaks (cat treat) by snack 21 treat loved by all
    gerber graduates yogurt melts -peach-***15mg of salt:(
    raspberry flavered cuttle bone:)
    all kinds of dried fruit from the organic food store always a big hit no matter what type of fruit it is
    cat man doo(cat treat) dried bonito flakes extra large now with these i beak into bits then put in my pill crusher and crush this is a great treat they love
    full circle all natural veggie chips at organic food store these also have to be broken up and crshed in the pill crusher loved all the different flavers i dont mix them though one kind at a time
    bravo raw diet (a cat or dog treat)freeze dried salmon broken and crushed with pill crsher
    now this one is the bigest fit food is drug every where they even steal pieces from one another i have a plastic tote i let them out in with different stuff but when i feed this i have diffrent dishes and let them go till there sone these dishes are too tall for them to climb out of SEA FOOD MEDLEY COMBINACIUN DE MARISCOS by princepe del mar i found a 4oz bag in the sea food section at price chopper it was a wopping doller claims,squid,shrimp,allot of other stuff i just take a pice out microwave it 20 sec then chop chop chop to fine lil bits and they go nuts
    now two for two meaning two crabs will eat it the other two could care less
    dried beat tops
    dried macntash leaves and bark (apple)
    crab food from pet stores when i say ive tried it all i mean just that i saw the picture of the drawer of hermit crab food im sad to say i bought mine a lil fridg with freezer in it ,they also have a coffee grinder,three microwavable dishes my old micrwave there own food dehydrater,gratters of all sorts,pill crushers just to name a few items of theres now in my kitchen
    now things i think they whood starve before they whould eat
    this summer at the farmers market they tried freezdried chicken(they eat off there george forman but not freez dried) pork,rabit deer,and beef chopped it up put in pill crucher nothing so added a few drops of water nothing dont know if it was becus the meat was freez dried or not
    steamed culliflower
    parsnips that where boiled
    crinkaly cabbage never tried plain cabbage
    wheat grass
    mint
    lemons and limes
    custard
    cottage cheese
    lamb that was broiled and choped fine (took from my dads not me i agree with them on this yuck)
    noodles of any kind from organic food store
    oat meal
    cream of wheat
    ferina
    pumpkin seeds that went threw the pill crusher

yes they do eat better then i do :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.