1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have bigger new tank, down to 3 hermie's. all pp. what kind of crab should I g

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by sirenequidanse, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirenequidanse

sirenequidanse (Micro Crab)

my pp's are pretty calm , relaxed. just hanging around eating. I'm looking for advice... what kind of crab should I get, and should I get 2 more if not a pp? ok, let me have it, don't hold back! :muahaha: :dance: :clap: :eek:nhead: :penny: :penny: :help: :saberfight: :bow:

2. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

I suggest Ecuadorians and always get a species buddy

3. sirenequidanse

are E's the wild ones, I want some action in my crabitat! straw's are tough to keep I heard. :pinch: :dance:

4. sirenequidanse

And please why a species buddy, I have not heard too much on that.Hungry for hermie knowledge!

5. Klabelle

Yes E's are the wild ones. Mine are a little skittish but they run around and rip stuff down.

Dont do straws and blues unless you can maintain perfect conditions.

I had all 2 but seeing as Poseidon and Hephaestus died I only have PPs and Es now.

A species buddy so they can have their own type. I think they get lonely.

6. sirenequidanse

ok, I have some links to site's that sell crabs, but where should I get them from. who has had good and bad experience's and with what site's or stores. the three I have are from petsmart, and I know I'm lucky I had no problems with them. I am thinking I will get 2 e's so I can see some action in my tank lol. :hermzpoo: :slapfight: :rubhands: :HCR: :puke: :girlpower: :sleepingdog: :spit:

7. Klabelle

I bought my E's Blue, and Straw from LHC (on the side links). I bought my PPs from PetCo and get most of my pets from there. Sometimes Petco has E's so I'd call and check first

8. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Hermit crabs in the wild feel safer in numbers. It would be so in captivity. Since all hermit crabs were plucked out of the wild they still have that instict to fell safer in numbers. Less stress.

9. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

In the wild they travel in groups of 100 or more (if their colony is that big) and travel long distances to reach the water to bathe, feed, change shells or lay eggs.

Conditions have to be just right when they deposit their eggs in the rivers or oceans, and very few have successfully hatched the eggs and had them live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.