1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a question

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by MiyokoDosei, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiyokoDosei

MiyokoDosei (Micro Crab)

I've been thinking.... (dangerous I know) and I've thought about selling my own special blend I make for my hermies. The only downside, is that I'm a little unsure if anyone would be willing to buy any. I was planning on selling a "sandwich" bag full for $3. I do have a paypal account already set up (I'm an ebay person on occasion), and can give people the info needed for whichever.

So basically, what I'm asking is if I decide to do this, would anyone be willing? I'm willing to send out samples for free if anyone wants any. :D

2. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

I want some. I wonder what it will be like.

3. MiyokoDosei

MiyokoDosei (Micro Crab)

yay! another person who wants some! ^^ I'm on a roll today, lol.

I wont hide the ingredients so I'll tell you what's in it: egg shells, coconut, banana, and if I can get the stuff at a fairly decent price, apple, seaweed, and brown rice. ^^

4. MiyokoDosei

MiyokoDosei (Micro Crab)

to everyone who would like some, please post address in private message where you want it to be sent ^^

5. newcrabber

newcrabber "Never Molted"

That sounds really good. I would love to try it. Would I then mix some krill in with it to balance it out some with protein? I have been looking for a good mix. I have been buying coconut flacks, krill, some people food(dried fruit) and mixing it all together. They seem to like it. At least they eat it.
    Anyway, back to the question. I would love to try it.

6. MiyokoDosei

MiyokoDosei (Micro Crab)

ok ^^ krill does sound like a good addition, thanks for the idea!
    I dunno if my mom would be able to find any around here, but if she can, I will definately add it in!

7. newcrabber

newcrabber "Never Molted"

I got the krill at Walmart in the pet department. It was actually in with the fish food. I think it's freeze dried, but they really like it.

8. Switchblade_Brigade

Switchblade_Brigade "First Molt, A Success"

Good idea to commercialize food, it sounds like good stuff too don't get me wrong but why would people buy it if you could make it at home? Try making it more nutritous with things that enhance crab color (ex. carrots, raisins, grapes, oak leaf, oak bark) and adding vitamins or calcium or something (cuttlebone, egg shells, or oyster shells for calcium) and making it irresistable to crabs. Try adjusting your recipe and maybe it would be something on my shopping list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.