1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a PP who has been in a shell that is too big for him.

Discussion in 'Shells' started by sirenequidanse, Jul 9, 2012.

1. sirenequidanse

sirenequidanse (Micro Crab)

hi all, my quirky scardey cat crab is a mess. since I got him 2 years ago he chanced into a green shell and has not tried to change shells. when he jumps back in his shell his big pincer claw is way down in the shell. Has anyone had a  crab pick a shell way to big for them? love all the input thanks! :katertater: :dontknow: :saberfight: :read: :shell1:

2. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

my crab aphrodite always changed into a shell 2-3 molt sizes too big so it isn't just yours xD he used to pick shells where he could hide completely and you'd never know he was there but now he has no choice but to pick shells closer to his size

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

It's fun to watch them shell shop.  I had one that loved his over-sized shell so much that no matter how many times he changed shells he always went back to that one.  It was funny to watch him get around---it was like a pretty green shell gliding over the substrate with no driver!

It's good to have a variety of shells for them, and just the ones we want them to pick they could care less about.  But they know what they like and obviously have a system to their madness.
    I always thought the African Turbo Shells we're beautiful and if I ever got enough money together I'd buy one for them.  $12 later I was the proud owner of one and couldn't wait to get it home and soak it and put it in the shell basket.

Well, my $12 lovely shell is busy making one of my shelves beautiful.  :BangHead:  No one would use it...so the moral of the story is......  :chuckle:

4. sirenequidanse

sirenequidanse (Micro Crab)

i have shells that I like, no one will try on . I just have a second story, with a extra shell pt, they end up hanging out up there and changing shells. :dontknow: