1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I HATE my genetics! (Or whatever the problem is!!!)

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by MAD, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Alright, it seems that I am incapable of lying, being sublte, or even midly sociable. I tend to speak my mind in perhaps the most akward circumstances.

For example, We have this self paced training program at work, which consists of a book, a study guide, and a checkout with your supervisor.

I was politely asked simply "How I was doing, and where I was....."
    A simple, "I am currently on engineering safety and fundamentals, and should be ready by friday..."

No, not me. I immediately took offense, and stated "That is secondary, I am trying to focus on my classes....." Here is the bad thing, I didnt start feeling stupid about it till about 10 minutes ago........

I think its my ultimate manefestation of laziness. If I dont want to talk to someone, I try to speed the conversation along by asking for a "bottom line". Its like I refuse to be social. I want to hurry up and get things done now. I have litterally become "Calvin" from calvin and Hobbes......

That's very much a bad thing..... :help: :help: :help:

2. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

I'm kind of there with you MAD. I can't lie much, I can be somewhat social but it's really hard sometimes, and I constantly have problems with what I refer to as the "couth filter". That is the filter between your brain and mouth, where it goes through the brain one way but the thought passes through the filter and comes out of your mouth a much different way. Example: when someone asks, "Does this make my butt look big?", that may come through the brain as, "Oh honey, you have NO idea how big that makes your butt look". When the filter works correctly one might actually say, "Um, maybe you should try another color."

My filter rarely works, it has a permanent clog and thoughts often completely bypass the filter altogether. I've never said anything quite as crass as the example above, but I've been close.

I take a bunch of correspondence courses through my work too MAD and have often replied in a like smart ass manner rather then explain anything. At least you felt the guilt at some point; what if you never felt that at all? Then you'd really have to worry...

3. Hermies

Hermies Guest

I kinda lie a bit. I think I can get away with it, but I hardly ever do. You'd think I would havelearned by now :BangHead:

4. LolaGranola

LolaGranola Guest

MAD and folks, have you thought about taking an interpersonal communications class. It's weird but it can help. Some people are just not naturally "social" and have to learn the cues manually. Not saying that you are autistic AT ALL but this is what some high functioning autistic people have to do in a more extreme way. The cues just aren't naturally understood for some people.

It can be awkward when you have to deal with "new people" who don't know you.

Hang in there!

5. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I took anger management while still in the service. They made me and everyone else sit in a circle, hold hands, close our eyes, and go to a happy place.....

It served only to make me more angry :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.