1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I didn't kill Frankie!!!

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by momofboyz, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. momofboyz

momofboyz (Micro Crab)

Okay, I posted a week ago about me stupidly uncovering a freshly molted crab. Well, I was certain that it was going to mean death for one of my favorite crabs. I was very wrong. I lifted the cocohut off of him, and he was walking around in there trying to find a way out. He looked great, and he didn't seem any worse for the wear.

I guess I made it through my first molt.:D

2. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

It's not if you disturb a crab while moulting, it's that it is possible (not probable) for the hermie to have a successful moult.

So I'm glad to hear that your little one made it, in spite of being stressed a bit.

3. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Hi, I'm New Here!

CONGRATS on your first molt!!!! :D

I have accidently disturbed molters in the past, too. If PPs are disturbed, they generally seem not to care, and easily bounce back from their molt just fine. Ruggies, however, aren't quite as resilient.....I have lost a few of them to disturbed molts.:(

4. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

If Baby made it through his most recent stressful molt, then I think any crab can do it:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.