1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am truly MAD (2 new adoptions)

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by MAD, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

alright.  I needed to get out of the house.  I havent adopted any new crabs since I lost my two strawberries, Didymus and Jareth.  That was a year and a half ago.

I go to the mall for a bit, with the plan of just mall-ratting for a while.

Earthbound trading company shows up around the corner.  The ever annoying voice in my head starts running its mouth after almost a year of silence: 
    VOICE:"...heh heh heh, you know you want to go in there.  Dont fight it. Hermit crabs are cheap pets, right? And who knows, that girl might..."
    ME: "That's enough.  You are supposed to be long dead......"
    VOICE:"...nah, just a little vacation.  I see you have changed quite a bit.  A real job, actually making an effort twoards your classes, I am impressed...."
    ME:"I don't suppose you could take another, longer, maybie even permanent vacation?  I was just getting used to being able to concentrate."
    VOICE:"Oh give me a break!  I have always been helpful.  Anyway, get your *** in there, something tells me they hired a new babe.  C'mon, what could it hurt?"

That self-contained conversation took place in about a quarter of a second.  My brain operates so fast its creepy.  Now if I could just train it to do math......

Anyway, I give in and walk into the store.  Two fat jumbo crabs where sitting next to each other, looking through the kiosk glass, watching everyone walk by.  They see me and start going ape, trying to crawl up the glass. 

"....Oh geeze.... Fine."

I pick both of them up, one in each hand.  They latch onto my hands with thier legs, and begin waggling thier antennas around, sniffing me.   I just walk to the check-out line like nothing had happened.
    Every now and then the odd customer would look in my general direction, and then look in my hands.  A few smile, others cringe, and one jumps back like my crabs lept at him.  I had forgootten hw some people find our little guys creepy.  Well, anyway, I get to the register.  There is a cute girl there (I half expected that, mall-register girls usually are attractive)  She seems a bit suprised that a grown man with a grease stained T-Shirt was approaching here with two jumbo hermit crabs, in his hands no less.  "They arent pinching you?"  she asked.  I looked down at the two PP's in my hands and shrugged. "Nah, they seem well behaved."
    "Um, you want them both?"  I made a funny face, and nodded.  I found out why she asked.  The store charges a rather hefty 14.50 for each jumbo.  I was a bit surprised, but for two active big guys, what they hey.

Meet "Spirit"
    [img width=300 height=225]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/ArchmasterZeta/P1010167.jpg[/img]

And "Opportunity"
    [img width=300 height=225]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/ArchmasterZeta/P1010166.jpg[/img]
    (this one is so friendly that she came out to see callie.  Callie even purred. Moments like that are what keep me sane, lmao.....)

And of course, Hobbes found the box that I made the girl drag out of the back for them.  The standard crab boxes were way too small.
    [img width=300 height=225]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/ArchmasterZeta/P1010169.jpg[/img]

I named them both after the twin rovers that were sent to Mars in 2003.
    http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Cute and ya are mad :icon_smile:

3. Blaze

Blaze Guest

Awww I'm glad you gave in to that little voice in your head! =) (Albeit a fast-talking one LOL!) Your new guys are beautiful, and that's awesome that they are so friendly! I bet they are enjoying a nice hearty meal! PP's seem to just love to eat, and from the size of those guys ... you may need to get a second job just to feed them ;) Congratulations on your new additions! =)

4. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

Wow, they are huge! I love that deep red color of the bottom photo. Nice additions, looks like Callie approves too. That's a really cute picture of her checking out Opportunity.

5. jedediah

jedediah Guest

Gorgeous crabs and nice names :icon_smile:

6. 2step

2step Guest

Wow...those are some huge hermies! Nice find!

7. crystyle

crystyle Guest

Cute crabs. I've been avoiding pet stores lately because I know that if I go in I will buy. :)

8. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Beautiful crabs! I can never seem to find jumbos around here other than straws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.