1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am new

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by hermitcrab, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

WELCOME dbs!!

2. BoondockSaint

BoondockSaint Hi, I'm New Here!

I have been crabbing since mid Sept of this year, we were in the mall and the kids fell in love with them, now I'm hooked they are my little babies. [​IMG] to everybody you've been so helpful

Kristy

3. chattykathy

chattykathy (Micro Crab)

[​IMG] welcome kristy.i have also been crabbing since first of septemember.i am sooooooo addicted , i also went from 3 crabbies , lost two of them , and now i have a family of 4 crabbies , one of them even just molted . hugs and welcome again. kathy

4. CRAB-WORLD

CRAB-WORLD Hi, I'm New Here!

We became crabbers about March my 7 yr old sons idea. We started off with Zapp then a month followed and we got Scales...then Puckhead and Rex. Zapp died on Mon then Scales his tank buddy on Tues. The other two are fine. Not sure what the reason just woke up and they were out and deceased. We decided we would just go and "look" today. LOL!! So we got three more . Wasn't my hubby so happy. I know my sons were happy and the crabs were happy and I think that is all that counts. Three more crabs to spoil coming right up. I was dead set against them at first..being aracnaphobic but they grow on ya after awhile. Not sure who cried more when the crabs died me or my son. The funeral was a private ceremony just family pets and children in kitchen with the finest papertowel death robing I could find. The prayers were heartfelt. Even as the joy of the new crabs being put in the tank he still cried over the loss of his first crab buddies and how they were the bestest crabs he ever met. He told the new crabs to uphold the reputation of the tank...be nice ,we are to you. Let's see if they listen. LOL So far the small one name Yoshi is shy and intravert. The white shelled named Quizmo is asertive like a muscle guy at the beach. he is a lilac grey in a misleading size shell ,when he comes out of the shell he is HUGE. And then there is Speedy now ya see him now ya don't. please logg on for live chat folks..my son is dying to dictate some more about his crabs. he feels adult to be joining this special club of yours. thanks and hermit crabs are really cool. We have mix breeds i think. The other crabs Rex and Puckhead are fine....REX tunnels and makes a midnight appearnace at the shell buffet. Puckehad we see maybe for a split second...like he is afraid of hockey puck hitting him in head if he comes out. LOL...thus his name from my older son.

5. chattykathy

chattykathy (Micro Crab)

[​IMG] well hello lisa , and lisa's son , welcome to hrcu, my name is kathy and i usually am only online in the mornings , i think i only have been to the chat twice. but i get posts and send them everyday , it is way more exciting to me than live chat sometimes , i hope you enjoy the hrcu, and it sounds as though you have lots to share , and i know ive learned alot from being here , and met some wonderful people. welcome again, hugs kathy

6. CRAB-WORLD

Thnks Kathy. Playing with Quizmo right now. She seems to think I am no threat. The crabs have relocated the crab world tank. everything is arye. My sons think they left the room a mess. LOL. Some have started to dig and bury. Suppose it must be a treat compared to pet store. they enjoy the fresh pile of calci sand to dig in. Puckhead has stopped tipping the bathtub over since we moved it so she/he can tunnel more with less spillage. LOL messy kidcrab that one.. Hugs to you. We are going to get our tree tomorrow and my kids will hang decoration outside crab-world tank in true holiday style. can't wait to see what they will make. We are trying to find a tiny tree, be it ceramic or not to put in tank for holidays. I am not wrapping tiny gifts with bows. LOL gotta draw the line somewhere.

Lisa

7. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

welcome everyone new [​IMG]

8. chattykathy

chattykathy (Micro Crab)

[​IMG] i didnt place anykind of christmas tree in the tank , but we did put 4 lil christmas stocking on the outside of tank. i just got home last night, i got married friday so im catching up on mails and posts lol , happy crabbie holidays to you all. hugs kathy.

9. CRAB-WORLD

Congrats on the weddng.!!! w are still tree shopping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.