1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am new

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by hermitcrab, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hermitcrab

hermitcrab Hi, I'm New Here!

i have been crabbing for 3 years and i am new here. i will chat with all of yall.

2. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Welcome to HCRU! 3 years is a good stretch of time, so you must have a lot of stories to share [​IMG]

3. hermitcrab

ya it has been very fun.

4. happy_crabbies

happy_crabbies (Micro Crab)

Welcome hermitcrab! This is a great site to share those stories too [​IMG]

5. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

Hi welcome hemitcrab. I was shock [​IMG] that the name hermitcrab lasted this long. Hope to see you on here.

Eric

6. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

Are you the same hermitcrab that's a member of LHC? Who is also from Texas? [​IMG] Welcome!

7. hermitcrab

ya that is me! the one from lhc!

8. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

hi Iam new too and i have had crabs for a year. i have 2 very very large crabs and 6 small ones

9. panda_407

panda_407 Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi I am new too and I have only been crabbing for like 3 weeks or so. I have 2 small crabs but the one is molting.

10. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

WELCOME!! Hope you like the HCRU family... I sure do!! [​IMG]

11. chattykathy

chattykathy (Micro Crab)

[​IMG] welcome hercrab, i love this site , ive been crabbing since september only and im sooooooooo addicted , also ive learned alot from this site , and the people here. i cant wait to chat with ya.

12. chattykathy

chattykathy (Micro Crab)

welcome asleigh, i have a daughter named haleigh , i love the spelling of you name , and hers ! its unique . i am new here since september. i cant wait to meet you . kathy.

13. dbshouston

dbshouston Hi, I'm New Here!

I am new to the group as well. My story started when my wife and I saw some Hermit Crabs in Galveston during a vacation. We brought two of them home but had no idea how to take care of them so they met an untimely end. Then last year around Christmas time we saw a Hermit Crab booth at the mall where my daughter (4 yrs old at the time)ice skates. Once she saw them it was all over, we bought 4 (one for each member of the family; my wife, daughter, deceased son and myself) and it was our christmas gift to ourselves. They have been upgraded to 30 gallon aquarium that my Uncle had and they are truly a part of the family. We even took them with us when we evacuated for the Hurricane which caused the smallest one to stress and die. With my daughter's consent, we chose another to refill the family. I have learned a lot from the web with a lot more to come.

14. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Welcome aboard dbshouston! Glad you found our little family [​IMG]

I look forward to hearing some more stories about your crabs and your family!

15. tb1234

tb1234 (Micro Crab)

Welcome DBSHouston!!!

16. happy_crabbies

happy_crabbies (Micro Crab)

Welcome to HCRU! [​IMG]

17. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

Welcome, dbshouston! I'm guessing you're a Houstonian? There aren't enough of us Houston crabbers around, so I hope so! [​IMG]

18. chattykathy

chattykathy (Micro Crab)

[​IMG] dbhouston, this is an awesome site , and the people are wonderful. i am a hugger , so welcome , and hugs, kathy

19. chattykathy

chattykathy (Micro Crab)

[​IMG] i forgot to say ,for me it is as exciting to see a new member as it is getting a new crabbie. everyone is awesome here , and this has become my lil crabbie family. hugs, kathy

20. chattykathy

chattykathy (Micro Crab)

[​IMG] im sorry to hear you lost a son, and lost the lil crabbie due to hurricane. i also started in september buying 3 crabbies one for each of my nephews. we lost two, so i went to the nearest place to us that sells crabs (about a 24 mile drive south of me ) and baught one , and a 10 gallon tank, i learned alot here from the people , and the information posted in the glossary ect... it was not but maybe one month later i went to get another crabbie, and ended up buying two !!! one of them i got though because he just didnt look in that great of shape, i was praying i could help him , he was very grayish , and black, but his eyes were healthly , but he had antennas missing , broke legs, and his claws wouldnt pinch, so i have had to hand feed him , ( he prefers that ) and i puree food for him as well. i looked at him last night , and told my husband , i was worried , he didnt look to good, and when i woke this am , there was all the grayish legs, his back , everything in a pile , ! had i not known about MOLTING i very well would of thought he was dead, thankfully he really did make a sucessful molt, and now he has claws that seem to work, his color right now , is very transparent , turning more pink, and red in color. but when i picked him up to make sure he was alive , he was clicking , or chirping to me, as they do alot , when they are talking to me , being affectionate. i was elated and as ive been so ill , it made me soooooooo excited that i could help that one out, he is going to be good, and well loved , i am addicted to my lil crabbie family , and this one on this site too., again , welcome , ty for sharing your story with me/us, hugs , kathy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.