1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am new here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by LHC-lover, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LHC-lover

LHC-lover Hi, I'm New Here!

Hello everyone, my name is Kevin and I am a relatively new LHC owner.
    I have had my 5 LHC for about 3 months now and have learned so much in this short time.
    I just found this site today through a friend who posted a link on another site and I figured I would make a visit and see what is up.
    My LHC are in a 20 gallon tank with a glass lid, tri-light/combo light a UTH, water fall and large water pools. I use sand and eco-earth combo substrate at about 6 inches deep.

I have common purple pincher LHC because that is all I was able to find, but hope to expand my colony eventually.

They have lots of vines and hideys and about 3 different levels including a subterranean cave. I am thinking of building a tank but have decided to put it off until after I finish up some personal things. (school etc.)

I have been learning with help of a “crab-mentor” and have visited almost every site that I can find. I tend to stick with forums as they can be more fun.. but there are two sites that I do visit everyday... that are updated weekly if not daily.

Other than LHC, I have a Doberman pincher named Oscar, an Oscar fish named Dobie and an outdoor aviary filled with finches and Lorikeets (Rainbow). I am a pet kind of guy, one of the reasons why I have stayed single is that When I am not studying I am messing with my pets. I also love to cook and read... a nerd at heart too I guess.

I own my own home, on a double lot, in Savannah, Georgia it the historical district which is pretty much the entire area. I work at one of the town restaurants as a Host/Head Waiter. Other than that I just live life and enjoy it.

Guess that is pretty much it. I mostly will be reading the threads here and getting a feeling of the overall site, and seeing what can be learned. I did notice that none of the shopping links work and I am not sure why, does anyone know when they will be up and running? I look forward to posting and getting to know some of you! Thanks!

Kev.

2. Pharmoc

Pharmoc (Micro Crab)

Hi Kev
    Welcome to the forum ive not been here to long myself but its definatley a great place to learn chat & have fun with other like minded ppl !

I look forward to hearing lots from you in the future!

3. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

Welcome. I hope you find everything your looking for here. its a great site and there are tons of people willing to help you if you ever need anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.