1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I adopted!

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by CrabAddict, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

I adopted two beautiful purple pinchers this past Tuesday named Panda and Fredz. The previous owners were very sad to be giving them away. Unfortunately they could not provide them with proper conditions any more. They were purchased in Myrtle Beach, SC during their vacation in May. They've since both molted and look very healthy. They've settled in well with my rowdy bunch.

Panda:
    [img width=400 height=324]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l210/jabby77/adoptees0012.jpg[/img]

Fredz:
    [img width=400 height=324]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l210/jabby77/adoptees0032.jpg[/img]

2. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

They're gorgeous but the smaller one seems pretty pale?

3. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

Thank you!
    Fredz is a bit pale, both are juveniles. I'm guessing they just started getting their colors in. As they get older they'll darken up. They're considered smalls on the hermit crab sizing chart.

4. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

wow i'd love to have a pp that was actually a shade of purple! mine are so either dark dark brown/black or that orangeish tan color, sigh.....

5. DEBBIE

DEBBIE "First Molt In Progress"

Hi Scoobdoo, congrats on the new adoptions!

I am also a new adopter!!! Last week I received 2 crabs from the beach. One is about the size of a dime and the other is larger than my others, ABOUT THE SIZE OF A GOLF BALL!!!!!!!! I haven't gotten up the nerve to hold him yet, but they come to me, one of them in a Painted shell and now both are in turbos and doing well.

Debbie

6. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

That's cause you feed your crabbies all those wonderful leaves and bark. Panda is still a baby I'm sure he will turn brown as he ages. But for now his purple color looks nice.

I sent an update email with pics to their previous owners. They seemed happy to hear from me. They've been exploring non stop :)

7. scoobdoo

debbie: there's some confusion i didn't adopt any crabs.. i said i would love to have have a p.p. that actually was a shade of purple. i've had my 3 now since 2009. i'm going through a phase of fighting the urge to go get one, just keep telling myself no no no no

8. DEBBIE

DEBBIE "First Molt In Progress"

Soooo sorry, I misunderstood :hermzpoo:

Debbie

9. scoobdoo

no problems :cheer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.